Chapter 22

I was enjoying my sleep so much and having an amazing dream where I entered this contest and won millions of dollars when my dream was disrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned in annoyance as I turn around in bed using my spare pillow to cover my ears hoping it would stopped. After a few seconds it finally stopped ringing and I let out a sigh if relief as I began dosing off once again. My moment of peace was however temporary and not to be because the phone started ringing once again, groaning I throw the pillow off and felt around on my bedside table for my phone.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Happy Birthday babe!" Debra yelled in my ear causing me to cringed.

"Thanks though its not really happy especially since you just woke me from my slumber" I responded.

"Oh my God Cassie, don't tell me you're still in bed its 9:30am, you should have been up like hours ago" Debra said to me.

"For what reason? Today is a day I usually get to sleep in considering it's Saturday but you just ruined that" I said to her.

"Oh for Christ sake, don't be such a downer. Get your ass out of bed and start getting ready, remember we're hanging out today? Isn't Tyler coming to pick you up soon?" Debra asked me "Today is your special day you should more excited than this and the fact that you're getting to spend the entire day with the guy you like"

"Honestly, I almost forgot about that" I said letting out a yawn as I sat up in bed with the phone still at my ears.

"It isn't your time of the month is it?" Debra asked me.

"What? No" I responded confused "Why would you ask that?"

"Because it's your birthday- usually people are really excited and happy to know that they've lived to see another year yet you don't seem happy at all" Debra responded "So it got me thinking that either its your time and its making you super grumpy or you're really not a morning person"

"I'm not really a morning person but I'm not on my period- I'm just not feeling too cheerful this morning..." I said to her.

"Well good because we're going to go swimming too so at least you won't have to worry about wearing a swimsuit and going swimming- oh and don't bother packing a swimsuit I've got that covered" Debra said to me "Just pack your towel and other necessities and come prepared to have a great birthday- you seriously need to get out of that funk you're in"