Chapter 33

How do you protect someone who's your enemy? Someone who is literally the comparison to trying to tame a wild beast on a leash? This was probably going to be the hardest mission of all, how was I supposed to protect Madison if I had to become her friend and get her to trust me? I believe this is what they mean by mission impossible because that wasn't happening. I told them it would be best if Madison knew all about this little arrangement about her being in danger and me being assigned to protect her.
So far all they told her was that there was a possible criminal out to get her father because of business deals he felt displeased of and if he couldn't get to Mr.Alveranga he might come at her instead. They told her that someone was going to be watching her back and she needed to corporate- that she would inform her guardian whenever she's making a move and always make sure her guards closed by wherever she goes. Well of course she wasn't pleased by that and threw a huge tantrum about having a babysitter but trust me when I say that wasn't the worst part. It was worst when she found out that person who was going to be her 'bodyguard' was me. Hee words were if the only person they could find to'protect' her- and yeah she literally did air quotes around protect- was me then she already accepted danger and death as her fate.

She wasn't the only one who was unconvinced about my credibility and capability to protect her, her mom and Dad was unconvinced as well. Her Dad was snapping and upset with Harvey asking him how the hell did he think a kid was going to be able to protect his daughter. I don't blame them though, I too would probably be unconvinced too if they told me that another kid my age was the best option to protect me. However it didn't take much for me to proved my capabilities to them. Mom and Harvey thought that I was excessive and needed to work on my approach- I had threw two knives on either sides of Mr.Alveranga's head and one right above his wife's head. Yes, that was dangerous, sure I did scare the hell out of them and damaged their wall but at least they were eventually convinced that I was capable enough to watch out and keep their daughter safe, I'd call that method efficient and success.

"Ms. Sangster, may I go to the bathroom?" Madison raised her hand asking.

"Sure, hurry up Ms.Alveranga" Ms.Sangster responded.

I watched Madison slipped out of her seat and left the classroom. The issue now was that it was my job to keep her in sight at all times which meant that I was going to have to follow her.

Just great

"Ms. Sangster I need to use the restroom as well" I announced getting up.

"Ms. Snow one at a time, you're going to have to wait" Ms.Sangster said to me.

"I'm afraid I can't, I think this may be an emergency. I need to go now" I said to her.

"Sorry, you're going to have to hold it in and wait your turn" Ms. Sangster replied "Now please take back your seat and when Ms.Alveranga gets back then you can go"

"Ms. Sangster I don't think I can wait that long. I may have an accident and that would be too embarrassing. I seem to have explosive diahorrea" 

I flashed her a smile then slipped out of the class. I could hear the other students laughing at what I said. Great, now I'm the class clown and a troublemaker. I head in the direction of the girl's room to see if I can catch up with Madison. I looked under the stalls to see if I spotted Madison shoes, I figured she could probably be lying about needing to use the girl's room but when I spotted her heels I just went to the sinks washing my hands and trying to refix my bun.

"Omfg, tell me you didn't follow me in here!" Madison glared at me as she came out of the bathroom stall.

"I'm just doing my job" I responded as I continued smoothing my hair.