Prologue

I had planned to start this book after Lark but I have different plans for Lark and her sisters. So here it is. Nikolai and Lunia's story.

You don't have to read Catra and Pius' stories to understand these.

I hope you like this one as much as Catra and Pius' stories.

Lunia looked down in despair at her manacled hands. High up in her cell sun shone through a lone window or more like a hole made my something small that tried to escape.

If she could turn into a little bird and get out of here then she would but the enchanted manacles would not allow her to change form.

Her stomach growled in hunger and pain. But she ignored it. She was used to ignoring many things. Like the bruises on her face. The whip marks on her back, oh and the little bugs and rats that live with her.

Lunia hated them.

She hated the bugs crawling on her body. She hated the rats biting her legs. And the ants.

The ants hurt the most.

Their bites became red and angry. They itched and itched and they also ate her food.

Sometimes Lunia was to weak to gather the strength to move. She could only hopelessly watch as her neighbours ate her food. She wished that she could turn into some animal and eat them instead.

What eats ants?

Lunia didn't know...Antelopes? They start from 'ant' so maybe they ate ants.

Her stomach growled loudly and Lunia closed her eyes against the fresh wave of tears. Her honor was the only last thing she possessed that belonged to her.

The Demon's had taken her dignity, strength and her virginity. She didn't own many things. Her honor was the only last thing she had. She didn't even have clothes.

She was trapped. In a cell. For hundreds of years. Or maybe just thirty years. It felt like hundreds. She was naked, except for the manacles on her wrists and ankles. Her normal silvery Elf glow low because of the magic in the manacles sapping at her strength.

She could see the bugs drinking the fresh blood from the ground. Her own fresh blood. That was still seeping from her woman parts.

Lunia hated being dirty. She had already tried to retch in the corner but her stomach had contracted painfully reminding her of its emptiness.

This was all her father's fault.

Her mother refused to keep her own child with her because she was a Vampire. Her clan of elves claimed that Vampires were evil creatures.

Then why the hell did she sleep with Hanes in
the first place? On asking, Lunia had just gotten a shove and a word.

'Glamour'.

Hanes Vitely had used glamour to hide his vampiric nature and had seduced her mother. When Lunia was born only then had her mother figured out her true heritage and then she had left her one month old daughter at the foot of the Vampire village.

Not caring for the little life she had borne.

Her saviours were unexpectedly, Werewolves. Of a pack named Silverstone. They had rescued her from the forest by following the sound of her cries and then had taken her to the Vampire Castle.

Her father had taken over from there.

He gave her everything she wanted. Even took her to see her mother (Who did not want to see her). She had loved him like no other. Her was her everything.

And then he doomed her.

She was stuck here in this dungeon because of him.

The guards allowed to use her whenever they wanted and the Demon king using her to wage war on others.

It was all her father's fault.

If he hadn't signed that contract then she wouldn't have been given over to Nikolai. And he even tried to make it sweet by telling her that Nikolai would love her at treat her like the queen she deserved to be.

She gave a faint ,humourless laugh. Some Queen she was.

The Queen of creepy crawlies.

She looked longingly at the sun. Atleast she was more elf than vampire and was able to bear the sun. She wished that she could feel it on her face again.

She wished that she could hear the birds again.

And smell the sea again.

And eat a pudding. And a hamburger. And lots and lots of Ben and Jerry.

She sniffed remembering the taste of chocolate on her tongue and the following brain freeze she always got from ice creams.

Her stomach growled again.

She closed her eyes against the tempting images of food.

She was going to escape.

She had a plan.

A perfect ,perfect plan.

And in the darkness of the most lowest and deepest cell of the Dinhae, Lunia Grey smiled to herself.