Chapter 27

Sorry for the long delays, I just don't feel up to it. But I'm trying. I'm not going to abandon the Other World series. I have big plans. I have even made notes for the other books to come. I won't abandon please be patient.

I stood before my new wardrobe thinking what I would wear.

My mouth was slack. My eyes wide.

The clothes in the wardrobe were not princess-type gowns of velvet or rich cloth. They were leather armours, hot looking bandeau tops with cris -crosses connecting them to skirts that had obscenely high slits at both sides.

They were absolutely amazing and made my mouth water. I was afraid to touch them incase my fingers got burned or something.  

"They're the Queen's garments. " A voice said from beside me, startling me.

A pretty girl, no more than sixteen stood beside me. She was wearing her hair in two braids. Her clothes were a simple long black skirt reaching her ankles and a plain white v-neck
shirt that had sleeves reaching her elbows. A maid scarf was tied around her head, it was black in colour.

The mystery cat purred and rubbed herself on the maids skirt. Meaning that the maid was known to her.

"The Queen's garments, like they were what she chose to wear or what she was supposed to wear." I hoped it was the latter and I would have to wear them.

"She had to wear them. They're traditional." I grinned so wide, my face hurt.

So, I would wear the gold one. It was awesome. I wanted to look awesome on my first day of work.

"My name is Winca. I'm the maid assigned by the former Queen to take care of this chamber. "

"Okay, Winca. I'm Lunia. Your new Queen. Tell me which shoes do I have to wear with these hot-ass traditional babes."

---

Turns out that I could choose my own shoes.

Or in my case, fuck-me heels.

Golden colour. 

To match my outfit.

Heads turned left and right. And then they bowed low.

Yeah, total victory. I love this Queen stuff. These people were like ants under my foot. I was waiting for someone to slip up and spill coffee on me or to drop a banana peel and for me to slip on it or run late for work and to dash into me so that I could say," Off with his head!" Like the Queen of Hearts.

I grinned as another passerby bowed to me. I raised my chin as I made my way towards the court hall where Nikolai was. I wanted him to see my outfit.

Let's hope he likes it, something inside me said. I stopped in my tracks and shook my head. I reminded myself of the promise I made this morning. I would not let myself feel for Nikolai.

Two guards stood in front of the door to the court hall. They bowed to me and opened the doors for me.

My presence was announced by a frail looking demon who stood beside the throne.

"Presenting Queen Lunia of Dinhae. " The people seated in smaller throne like chairs all around the court room stood up and bowed as I made my way to the thrones.

The Throne room was also just like the castle with its Goth theme and it's courtiers all dressed up in medieval costumes. Two guards stood in the center of the room with a man dressed in less flashy clothes, meaning that he was a commoner.

Nikolai was not seated in his throne. He was standing beside in a corner and talking to a female centaur.

I approached them and the centaur was immediately aware of my presence, Nikolai 's shoulders sagged and his head turned to look at me as I made my way towards him.

His eyes widened at my outfit and then they heated up in that now familiar desire. My own body responded, my hips gathers an extra sway and my nipples getting hard and pointy, I hoped the built in bra covered them.

Nikolai put his arm around me when I was standing beside him. "This is my wife, Lunia Grey."

I appreciated the fact that he called me Grey and not Vel Miorisi.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Vel Miorisi. We've heard a stories but they do your looks no good. Lord Shizkov should be grateful that he has such a beauty for a wife ."

"Yeah. He should." I agreed.

Nikolai's fingers dug into my side but I managed to keep a straight face.

The female centaur was seven feet tall with an albino horse's lower body. She was wearing a black leather bra and a bow strung around her chest like a sash.

"My name is Lady Yula. I was here representing the centaurs. We will be leaving the hospitality of the Demons in a day. I shall be in guest tower if at all you want my audience. But I would prefer the privacy to pack, if you would please." She turned and bowed to Nikolai after the last sentence.

Nikolai nodded. "We will be leaving the castle in two hours time. Till then I will be right here.  Come see me if you happen to have a change of heart. "

Yula bowed and left without another word. I opened my mouth to question the 'Change of heart part'. But Nikolai himself explained.

"We were supposed to have an alliance. But she refused."

"On what terms? Centaurs are known for wise decisions." I asked, curiously. Nikolai refused to answer instead he stared into my eyes.

I looked away quickly not wanting him to make the connection again.

"You look beautiful. Like my Queen should." I shrugged, feeling warm in my center but refusing to acknowledge it.

"You look good yourself." He really did. Nikolai was in his mortal form, he was wearing the garments he wore yesterday , this time in blue. He looked really hot in traditional outfits, it reminded me of how he looked on our wedding day.

"I'm surprised that you did not try to run away now that your necklace is removed. "

"It was a collar. And I know you well. You've done something haven't you?"

"I'm know you well enough ,too. You tried to escape first thing after our little spat in the bath , didn't you?"

I blushed. It was just a small try without the collar. I could still escape but I was waiting for the right time. But when I tried to escape through the window in bird form, my magic did not work.

"As to what I've done, it's a secret." He smiled. I huffed and looked away.

"Now, wife, I want you to get yourself something to eat in the adjoining room to our bedroom, then ready yourself for our journey to the north."