Chapter 1

United States of America, Starbucks cafe.

Lunia Grey savoured her first taste of espresso in the little Starbucks cafe down the road near her hideout.

Today she was going to go to the Hawkheart clan to ask for acceptance. Lunia wanted to join the elves. She had tried to stay in her father's palace in Greece but Nikolai had followed her and almost caught her there.

She was stupid to think that she could somehow kill him at the party. She wished she could see the future.

But things didn't work that way.

She couldn't see the outcome of things that caused her profit. She couldn't see her own future or any future that she was involved in. She hoped that she could do it right but Nikolai, curse him, did not attend the party and her own life almost slipped from her fingers.

She had worked so hard to escape.

She had starved herself to near death and as she hoped, word had gone out to Nikolai Shizkov that his most prized possession was almost dead from starvation.

Mr.High Nose wouldn't come down himself ,of course and that was where he had made a mistake. She had struck at the right time.

All the other times she had attempted this plan, he had come down himself but he was busy then and had sent his brother instead.

His young, stupid brother, who underestimated an innocent malnourished girl and left the windows open.

"Let some fresh air come in. She stinks. And she's not going to jump out of here anyway. She doesn't look like she has the guts. " The arrogant bastard had said.

The windows were open and as soon as the doctor turned his back on his patient. 

Lunia was falling down the highest mountain of the demon relm, Dinhae. She almost wanted to die. Wanted to just let go. But at the last moment, she turned into her favourite bird.

The crow.

The lone, selfish crow.

And she flew. Towards the portal to the mortal world.

Now here she was. In America. Right under his nose. Near his financial capital. She knew all about his weapons dealings in America. All his men here. Even his other brother who manages it all here.

She should have come here first.

Instead of going to the stupid vampire castle. Her father wasn't going to help her. He hadn't helped her for the past thirty years. Thirty years she suffered.

Not anymore.

She was going to do this now.

She was going to show the elves her appeal and then they would accept her as their own.

"Can I get you anything else?" The bored waitress asked her.

Lunia looked up at the leggy blonde waitress. She could clearly see the envy behind the boredom. The waitress was pretending to be bored to mask her jealousy.

Lunia was used to it. Elves were naturally beautiful. They were hence called the shining folk. But Vampires were considered ethereal. Now mix and elf and a vampire.

You will get yourself a super beautiful Vampire-Elf.

However, it is not recommended.

Lunia was pretty. Really pretty. With pitch black hair and pale skin. Her eyes were her mother's. Grey as the stormy sky. Endless depths of secrets. Her lips fat, currently red. Her eyelashes long. Her nose slightly upturned. And her ears, hidden behind her hair, pointy.