Chapter 13

That's Nikolai in demon form. I like him more in this form.

---

Silence set in as soon as I stepped in.

They all turned towards me. Only one man, standing at the alter kept looking ahead.

Nikolai.

From what I could see. He was shirtless, wearing only black breeches and brown leather boots. A sword at his side.

A tail poked out of the back of his breeches. It was long and grey with light blonde hair on the tip. It whipped right and left.

Wow. I was going to marry a man with a tail.

A Demon.

My nerves set in. This is really happening. I started taking shallow breaths as I walked ahead. The demon started singing. Some leaned closer to sniff me. Some growled.

"Vel Miorisi. " I heard some whisper. "Elf. ", "Vampire. ", "Outsider. " and many more comments were made. I kept walking, only faltering when I heard someone whisper that hated name.

The alter was a raised dias. The place was much like a church. With pews and all. As I walked closer, I saw yellow, white and black markings on Nikolai bare back. Words in demon language. I had one on the small of my back, just above my butt.

It was Nikolai's name.

I hated it, it had been carved into me the first day I was brought to Dinhae. I remembered protesting, fighting and then being drugged and waking up in the dungeons with that searing pain in my lower back.

I never had the guts to look at it. And my various wounds covered it anyway.

As I walked closer, I could see the two people standing on the alter.

Two...demons...I guess.

One was a boy and one a girl. I'm pretty sure they were children.

There was a fire set on the alter, they were throwing rocks into it, changing it's colour to shades of purple.

I walked until I stood beside Nikolai. His back straightend. I sneaked a look at him.

Woah.

Nikolai's demon form rendered me speechless. His eyes were still the same beautiful green but his skin was ashen grey, his horns arched over his head, looking beautiful with all the markings. A thin light blonde mowhalk was between those sexy horns. His ears were much like mine, pointy. His face was ruggedly handsome, mature and older looking. His nose a bit crooked and lips carved from stone. 

His left cheek was marked with black and white and the markings then continued on his chin. His body was nicely muscled. Thick arms and washboard abs. I felt a twinge of need down south.

Hell, I'd never felt need. Ever.

Yes of course, there was the need to eat. The need to sleep. And the need to bully people. But I'd never felt the need to well....give myself to someone.

It had always been forceful taking and forceful giving. But this was different.

Not like I was going to do anything about it.

I have sworn to myself that I will never surrender to Nikolai Shizkov. (A horrible decision, it feels now) I will keep up to my word.

Even if Nikolai is hot as hell.

I inwardly shrugged. I'll just tell him that he looks disgusting in demon form and his ego will make him remain in mortal form.

He will do it. Cause his ego's the size of Jupiter.

I signed and payed attention to what was going on over the alter.

The demon kiddies were walking around the fire with their arms raised. They were chanting, and everyone was chanting with them.

I snuck another look at the Demon King.

His eyes were closed and head was bowed. His lips moved, like he was praying.

I wished they moved on my skin like that.

Whoa, where did that come from? Gross. It's my wedding. I'm supposed to think pure thoughts.

Wedding cakes, elvis impersonators, slow music, dancing, wine, good food, hot streamy sex.

No.

No sex.

I took two deep breaths. I will not think of sex. I'm a pure minded person. I'm an innocent just born into the world. I'm a calm yoga loving person.

I felt a hand enclose my own.

I'm a person who likes to lick demon hands. 

"No!" I said loudly to myself.

"Lunia. " Nikolai husky voice whispered.

I looked at him. Oh god. He's so hot.

"C'mon." He said, angling his head towards the alter.
I just realised that the whole place was silent. I could feel the eyes boring into me. My cheeks heated.

I nodded to sexy-hot Nikolai. We walked together towards the alter. The demon spawns were now standing together, holding hands.

They both had white hair, like mine. Only difference from me was that the boy had fully black skin and the girl fully white skin. Both their eyes were blind folded. They reminded me of the Yin and Yang symbol.

They both wore nightie-like tunics which were pure white in colour and both were barefoot, like me.

Nikolai bowed to them.

Um, okay, I bowed too. If he being a King can bow to two kids then I can too.

"Rise." A feminine voice said.

Was that out loud or did it just echo in my mind?

It echoed. This is cool right? A voice asked, again in my mind.

I rose and saw, the girl slapping the boy on the side of his head. I just noticed that they did not have horns. So they're not demons, I have a feeling that I'm looking at the oracles.

Yup, Oracle supreme, I'm Darkness and this pure white chick is my sis, Brightness, or you could just call her Brighty. I call her Brighty. The voice said.

I didn't know whether to laugh or whether to keep my face straight, I didn't want to embarrass myself anymore.

Kindly, ignore my wayward brother. I am Brightness. I represent the good in your future.

And I the bad. That doesn't mean I'm bad though. I'm really cool. And you two look really cool together. Niko, my man, how you doing? Finally marrying the misfit? Must've been the bad stuff I showed you.

At that last comment, the smile that had been appearing on Nikolai's face abruptly disappeared and a gasp was sounded in the chapel.

So, everyone could hear this? Wow. 

Must've been some real bad stuff to force Nikolai to marry me.

Apologies from my brother, Lord Nikolai. He is young and dimwitted. We shall begin the blessing.

Hey! We're twins. And I'm awesome. Yes, let's begin.

Wow. I think I like Darkness. 

They both walked around the fire and stood on the other side. There they pick up one stone each and threw it into the flames turning it bluish in colour.

Nikolai tugged my hand ahead as he walked towards the dias.

I followed him.

We stood before the fire. I stole another glance at Nikolai, unsure what to do. He was looking onto the fire intently as if searching something.

Look into the fire, Lunia Grey. You shall see your fate.

At least he calls me Grey. I looked into
the fire.

And saw my doom.