Chapter 7

That's Nikolai Shizkov. He good or what? Couldn't find a better pic. I wanted someone who looked young and threatening. Nikolai you've heard of in the Vampire's Love was covering himself with glamour so that he looked different.

I hope you like him.

--

The fucking place was crawling with demons.

And I was shirtless to top it off.

"Hi. " I waved at the demons playing cards on a nearby table.

All movements had stopped as soon as I entered the room.

One dumb demon waved back but someone hit him. And with that one hit, all the other beating began.

Someone got caught changing his cards and everyone jumped on him. Someone got caught stealing meat from someones plate and everyone jumped on him, too.

All of them started beating each other.

A plate crashed beside my head.

Gotta get out of dodge.

I slipped away, turning down the halls and coming back into the room where the Demon king waited with a cigarette in one hand and a glass of cognac in the other.

"You done? " He asked smirking.

I shrugged. "Was worth a shot."

"I guess it was." He stood up and walked towards me.

Nikolai had always loved luxury...and demons still lived in the medieval era, so his room looked like something out of a fairy tale movie scene. Complete with the dome shaped windows high in the walls and the four poster bed.

Damn, windows.

I felt the change bubble up in me. I could fly out of here. I'm so stupid. I couldn't think of this sooner.

Clink!

I heard the ever-loathing sound of Nikolai's favourite necklace...more like collar.

Tears shimmered in my eyes as pain burned my neck with the magic in the collar. I looked at Nikolai with hatred. He laughed in my face, rubbing it in.

"That's not for you, it's for her." He said and whistled.

Lunia looked up as she heard the sound of flapping wings.

Hoot! Hoot!

Nikolai's pet owl, Shireen, settled on his shoulder. Be was still wearing an expensive armani but he would soon change out of it to wear the medieval garb he prefers.

He looked regal. Boy did he. As he stood with that wretched owl beside him.

He smiled, evilly, as if reading my thoughts." Now, darling Lulu, you will be my good pet as I see what Shireen has brought for me. I'll reward you, or punish you, as I please." He said, laughing.

He pushed me towards the bed and tied the chain to one of the posters.

"Stay. " He said, mischief glinting in his eyes.

The fucker was treating me like a dog. One day I would get my revenge. Every dog has its day. I'd have my day too.

And on that day, Nikolai Shizkov would be sorry.

Nikolai walked to the corner of the room where a small pillar stood. On that pillar was a bird perch. The owl fluttered towards the perch and settled down.

On its neck was a thick collar with an 'X' mark in the middle.

Nikolai pressed the mark.

"I had it specially made by the Technotrites." He explained.