Chapter 26

I woke up next morning, still sleepy and tired. I was lying on top of Nikolai's body, his cock still inside me after the last bout of sex at dawn. A bit of the curtain pushed aside to shine the sun straight into my eyes. Along with the sun, came the wind.

The cold wind.

So, it was a cold morning. I was not surprised. Yesterday, I had seen the Castle that was situated in the capital of the Demon relm.

It was nothing like I expected it to be. I thought it would be posh and British-like but it was a goth style castle instead. And that made me grin.

A goth style castle with Russian demons. I had so much to ask Nikolai. And after last night we kinda came to a truce. I guess. So, I could ask whatever I wanted.

Nikolai stirred. I turned and got off his body and quickly closed the curtain of the bed so that it was dark-ish again. The I stretched my body and cracked my neck, but suddenly my leg hit something soft and hairy.

"Meooow." And a paw scratched my leg. I rose in a start and looked at the end of the bed.

A white cat with one black ear sat between me and Nikolai. She was snarling at me and snuggling close to Nikolai. I was pretty sure my face was horrified.

What the hell was a cat doing in here with us?

Nikolai suddenly laughed. I turned my head to look at him. "Don't worry. She won't bite. She my mother's pet cat. Mother left her behind." He explained and yawned.

The cat seeing him away climbed his chest, still looking at me. Nikolai stroked her back and sat up to get out of the bed. He pulled a curtain away and I covered my eyes with my arm.

"Don't mind her. I don't. "

"What her name? And why is she staring at me?"

"I don't know her name. I never saw her until mom was leaving. She just put her in my arms and she was gone. And the latter? She stares at everyone. Even the maids who come in to settle stuff and give her whatever shit she eats. Just leave her be." He shrugged and walked out the room towards the corridor leading to the bathroom, leaving me alone with the cat.

I heard a hooting sound and looked towards it.

Shireen the owl sat on a perch high up almost reaching the ceiling. She hooted again, her eyes set nervously on the cat. The cat got off the bed and rushed towards the wall. She tried to climb up but kept slipping down again. Shireen hooted louder as if calling out in distress. But I could clearly see it.

The cat would not reach. She would climb and climb and slip and slip, Nikolai wasn't worried and so he had left without care.

I shrugged and laughed as the cat fell down again. She turned her head quickly to look at me , as if knowing I was laughing at her. She spared the owl one last look and came back onto the bed to sleep like nothing happened.

I shook my head and walked out the room, following the sounds of a shower spraying. Nikolai stood under the shower in the right corner of the bathing room. Yesterday, in my hurry to use the pool, I did not notice the shower.

I smiled to myself as I pushed the curtain aside and invaded Nikolai's space. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pushed my breast into his back. It was not long before Nikolai was unwrapping my arms and bringing me in front of him. He closed the curtain and looked down at me with unnerving eyes.

Our gazes held and sense of deja vu assaulted my senses but I couldn't quite remember if we had done this before. Nikolai's fingers ran through my wet hair but our gazes never wavered.