Epilogue

^^^ Lunia that I drew myself, I'm not that good, but you can try and follow me on Instagram, my name is spidermark_artist_c, I'm just starting out as an artist.

----

My worst nightmare came true.

I was going back to where I had come from.

Nikolai was dead. And an evil magic dragon was going to try to take over the throne.

The guards jostled me as they dragged me. They didn't let me stand. My knees started bleeding somewhere along the journey to the bottom of the stairs.

I cried useless tears. My chest hurting, my heart breaking.

I wound never again hear Nikolai teasing me. Never again hear him laughing. See him smiling. Feel his touches. I would never again look into his eyes and feel safe.

It was a painful truth. It was reality laughing at my face. Telling me that freedom was a lie that only lived a few days.

The maids and other guards watched in silent condemnation as I was dragged away. My bloody hand dripped, my eyes watering with the pain.

They dragged me to the lowest part of the castle and threw me in a dark cell.

I was not the only one in the dungeon. The other prisoners stared as the guards tore my already torn clothes. They hooted and laughed at me, trying to touch me from both sides. One spat at me, as I tried to cover my body from their greedy dirty eyes.

"You're a traitor to the throne. You deserve even less." One of my escorts said and stamped my bleeding hand when I tried to reach for a piece of my clothing.

I heard a 'Crunch' and screamed. They left me sobbing in pain and cradling my now broken hand.

The other prisoners laughed. Two males. They shared pieces of my clothing and rubbed the fabric against their dirty erections,  making me whimper at the sight.

I crawled to the middle of the cell, away from both their reaches, and sat with my arm cradled against my chest and my knees protecting them.

I wished I wasn't glowing, they could clearly see me with the way my skin radiated light. I cried silently.

Cursing myself and cursing Runeria.

I have to get the hell out of here. And I will.

I still had my power. And I still had the spell Runeria had given me.

I still remembered her words that day. 

"Este Populous Ra Menelus. Say these words on a full moon night and all the other spells Nikolai had put on you to bind you to him will break, allowing you to shape shift. "

Yesterday had been a full moon night. I'd have to wait for a few more days to escape. From the small window up high in the wall, I could see the orange sky. I didn't use the spell because I was wiring for the right him...and because I wanted to stay behind with Nikolai.

Now Nikolai was gone. 

And I would leave too.

Soon.

A King was nothing without his Queen.

And the same went for his Queen.

I was nothing without Nikolai. He was the only thing keeping me in this hellhole.

I would escape. And I would avenge him.

Nikolai died knowing I loved him.

I will die knowing that I avenged him.

I looked up at the window and smiled through my tears.

"Don't worry, Nikolai. Even though you're dead, your Queen still lives and through me, you will rule."

And so, Lunia Shizkov. Formerly, know as Lunia Vel Miorisi, sat alone in her one true home and laughed at the cruelty of the fates.

The one thing that she didn't know was up above in the castle, her King's heart still beats.