Chapter 18

Nikolai stroked Lunia's serene face. Her face was so calm even as she hung between life and death. The doctor said that she would wake up in a few hours. Nikolai had been at her side for four hours now.

This is all my fault.

The thought had been in his mind ever since he ran for the doctor. Her eyes were glazed over and her face fevered but to him she looked as beautiful as the first time he saw her. The guilt was so filled in his chest that he was taking care of her himself.

That included cleaning her puke (Which he had to do alot)

Giving her bath (Which he had to do a lot too, but didn't mind)

And holding her while she had nightmares and delusions. (Like right now)

Her grey eyes looked at him with so much trust, he was not used to seeing that expression on her face. She usually had a guarded expression. And she was always so unfeeling. Nikolai was kinda getting used to that expression, even though it had been only two days.

The shift to Dinhae had been put on hold because of Lunia being poisoned. The place was under lockdown. All the guests from the wedding had been kept right here except for the ones who left.

Nikolai didn't bother about those who left. He had put them under surveillance too. He was worried more about the ones who are trapped in the arms base.

They were his important subjects that were angry because he was giving his newly wedded wife more importance that his life long subjects. The fact that Lunia was Part Vampire didn't help. They were causing riots and his brothers had suggested continuing with the journey to Dinhae,  so that the Demons would atleast be on home grounds.

Tonight was the last day they would stay in the human relm. They would leave tomorrow with or without Lunia's consiousness.

Why was Lunia's consiousness needed?

Lunia was now the Queen of the Demons. The demons were already unhappy with a Vampire as a Queen. They would keep a close eye on her and speculate her every move, one small mistake and they will deem her unworthy. Imagine that you're the biggest superstar in the world and you forgot to put your zip up after a leak or in a females case your dress gets tucked into your underware.

And the media gets it all on tape.

Embarrassing?

Lunia's case will be the same if I don't get her back to her normal cold and guarded self.

"I like your underware. What are these underwares called?" She asked, slipping her hand into my pants.
He groaned. See? What if she does that in public? Front of the whole Kingdom? And she has been doing it often.

"They're called boxer briefs and stop doing that, Lunia." He said pulling her hand out before it found its way to his junk.

It was the after effects of the medicine the doctor had given Lunia to pump the poison out of her body. Nausea, hallucinations and mood swings.

"Why should I stop? You still owe me a wedding night. "

"No. You owe me the wedding night since you got poisoned." Nikolai  growled, removing her hand out of his pants again.

"Mmhhmm. It was one of your people who poisoned me. I saw him. The man with the scar on his face. " The demon froze. What is she talking about? He sat up straight and looked down at her, cupping her jaw he said,

"Which man, Lunia? Tell me." She giggled and her hands wrapped around his neck. Nikolai would have preferred her attention but he wanted to know more about this man with the scar. Had Lunia had a vision? He'd thought she didn't have visions related to herself.