Chapter 28

Lunia's previous Queen Garb. ^^

Winca said I needed to wear something warm for the journey to the north.

My body still had aches and pains from yesterday. I was still feeling a little chilly, my Queen outfit, no matter how good, did not help and now I was glad I was getting something warm.

I ate two cranberry muffins with some hot tea as I sat waiting for Winca to choose my clothes. The cat beside me, her head in my lap not begging for scraps but sleeping in peace. I was a bit surprised at her behaviour but I did not pat or stroke her, fearing that she would not appreciate it.

The adjoining room was a dining room/ sitting room. It had one L-shaped sofa , a coffee table and in front of it near the lantern shaped windows was a dining long dining table with six chairs properly arranged around it.

My breakfast was on the coffee table beside a vase of megrum flowers, they were Dinhae's equivalent of roses, as if Nikolai had specially told the person who brought my breakfast here to place them there.

The megrum were similar looking to the rose but were light blue and kinda glowed. Like my skin.

By the time I was done eating our bed was full of clothes. Various shawls and coats and capes took most of the space on the King sized bed.

I liked a black velvet cape with gold borders and a hood attached and so I told her. "Wonderful choice ,my lady. You have to wear riding gear as it's going to be a long journey...or maybe not. But you should wear it."

I did not understand the 'maybe not part' but I did not get to ask as she went towards the wardrobe to remove more clothes.

"People keep cutting me out today." I told the cat. She looked at me, opening on eye and went back to sleep.

I was finally suited up when Nikolai entered the room. I was wearing dark blue slacks, knee length brown boots, a white bell shaped long sleeved button down with a black corset. I was getting my coat on when Nikolai came.

He nodded at Winca. "Sire, shall I get your usual cape? " She asked.
"Yes."

She got him a black cape that was similar to mine. "See? Even our choice of clothing is similar, we're meant for each other. "

"Winca? Maybe there's another cape? Maybe something in blood red?"

Nikolai laughed at that. "Winca, you can leave. Lunia is okay with the cape she had on."

"As you say, Sire." She said and scurried away.

Nikolai came closer when the door closed behind the maid.

"So, where are we going?"

Nikolai put his hands on my waist as an answer and pulled me closer. "You should take a shawl too, it's cold where we're going." He said, his head lowering to kiss my neck.

I turned my head away, even as I felt my core heat up.

"Where are we going?" I asked putting emphasis on 'are'.

"Up North." He said, his lips making a trail to my ear.

"For what?" Now my voice sounded husky.

"To meet the Soul Shredder."

My heart stopped at that name. The heat instantly dissipated. Fear replaced it. Everyone knew the Soul Shredder far and wide. And everyone was happy he was isolated in Dinhae.

"I'm feeling sick, Nikolai. *Cough*Chough*" I said, trying to push him away.

His head remained at the side of my neck and his arms remained around me, caging me. He didn't, budge.