Chapter 5

It turned out that Feofin had the keys.

She was really mischievous and you couldn't exactly trust her with anything,  so it was a surprise that someone gave her the keys to the Oracle's room.

Nobody asked a word as, Feofin came off from Afonos and opened the two locks.

The door opened and white smoke came out from the chamber. It was similar to what Renaz had.

Afonos pushed his young son ahead.

Feofin held his hand as they entered the chamber. "I shall say here." Renaz said as the doors closed behind them, leaving her out.

Nikolai squinted at the smoke. Was this the Oracle? This gaseous substance?

Suddenly, Feofin stopped.

"You go alone from here, my son." She said, grining at him.

His father's hand pushed him ahead. Nikolai walked alone into the mist.

His parents disappeared. He turned around in a circle and marvelled at the sight. It was so cool to stay in a place like this. Where nobody could find you.

Hide and seek would be awesome here.

Young Demon. I am this way.

A voice said. Nikolai turned that way and ran towards the voice. It was melodious, sweet and echoed in his mind like a lullaby.

He could hear water falling.

He could smell a cherry blossom.

He could feel wet mud beneath his feat.

He gasped as the scenery came into view.

A huge cherry blossom tree sat in the centre. Two waterfalls met each other from two sides.

The most beautiful thing in the place sat beneath the cherry blossom tree.

A blindfold covered her eyes and merged with her white black dress. Her hands up till her biceps were black. Her hair was completely white. Her skin pale, her lips black.

And she had a protruding belly.

Just like his mom's. 

Come young demon. Uncover my face. And know your fate.

Her voice sang. Nikolai went towards her as if he was being controlled by an unseen force.

She waited patiently as he opened the knot of her blindfold, clumsily.

She smiled, showing wicked pointy white teeth.

Nikolai smiled back even though she couldn't see him yet. He showed teeth a bit less pointy.

He finally succeeded in opening the blindfold.

Her eyes were glowing blue pits of love.

Like real, mother's love. Nikolai kept staring. He hadn't seen that kind of love in his own mother's eyes. It was a bit scary.

He gasped as she cupped his face and their foreheads met.

Nikolai closed his eyes against the brightest of her eyes and suddenly he wasn't a seven year old little prince anymore.

Nikolai had grey skin. Green eyes of his mother, her original white blonde hair and his mother's curving horns. The only thing in him belonging of his father was his tail.  It was long and tipped with a tuft of blonde fur. But his mother had a short tail. This was his father's. 

Suddenly, Nikolai was in the body of a huge warrior, wearing a silver battle armour with the Shizkov Eagle on it.

He held a short sword and a helmet in one hand.

He was standing in a room with three other people.

A blonde haired man with pointy ears and the armour of an elf, a handsome black haired man with stark blue eyes wearing the armour of the vampires, and the other was a ghoul. It was obvious. 

First he was levitating and wearing a black cape that covered his whole body, and it was in tatters.

And second, he emitted the stench of death.

"So, we're her to negotiate. So let's negotiate." The elf said.

The Vampire nodded and the ghoul came forward with a map.

He opened the map and pointed at some places.

"And Brojin. All these places have been taken by the Demons. This proclaims them winners as they have overtaken the most of places. " his voice was raspy and old.

"Either we fight back to take the places or either we make an alliance. "

"There is no 'we' in this devil." Nikolai's mouth moved on its own. He pointed an armoured hand at the ghoul.

"There will be no alliance with you, if at all there is an alliance."

"There will be an alliance, Nikolai Shizkov." The Vampire spoke.

So, it was Nikolai...just bigger.

The Vampire came forward and frowned down at the map. "The demon's have a huge army. We will be dead in a matter of moments. Now that they have the Technotrites and the mer on their side, we won't survive for long. " The Vampire signed and looked up at Nikolai. "We have lost many of our people. Precious people. Important people. Husbands, father's,  brothers, sons. We won't risk any more. I vote for an alliance between the Vampires and the Demons. "

"I do too." The elf said. "Only with the Demons " he sad,  quickly shooting a glance at the Vampire. 

"I vote for war. We cannot let the demons have victory. We cannot accept them as leaders-"

"And we aren't, ghoul! We're making a forced alliance.  It is what's best for our people. Same cannot be said for yours. Your people are blood thirsty. They don't die. They're thorn apart ad their pieces just join again. Everyone's not as luck! Our people die, they leave innocent families behind. I cannot let this happen. Even if it let's the Demons rule us then to protect my people I will do anything." The Vampire said. He removed a sheet of paper and clicked his fingers. Words appeared on the paper. Two blanks came at the end.

A fierce kind of victory filled Nikolai.

The Vampire signed the paper, the elf was next. Nikolai was really happy. And now he would ask for his ultimate prize.

"And what about my peace gift? What are you going to give me Vampire?" The vampire's eyes widened.

"Nobody mentioned a peace gift! Why don't you ask the elves for one?" The vampire spluttered.

"We have many sacred waters, we will give-"

"I don't want your sacred waters. I want something just as precious as I have lost. Your vampires raided my castle. They beat my mother. Imprisoned my father. And threw my innocent brother into a pit of fire. " Nikolai thundered. "Most of all, they killed my Oracle. The demon's most prized possession. She was kept in that room because her life source was in that tree. Your men took her out of that room and away from her life force. You killed her! I want something just as precious from you. Something as good as an Oracle.  You have five weeks, Hanes Vitely. Then I want my warprize. I will come for it myself. "And leaving behind him a trail of darkness Nikolai Shizkov disappeared from the room.

But little Nikolai's subconsciousness still remained there.

"I told you never to trust a demon." The ghoul laughed and also disappeared. 

The elf shrugged and patted the Vampire, Hanes, shoulder and walked out.

Hanes Vitely looked down at the map, his face mournful.

He opened a locket, that was around his neck.

A beautiful women's picture was inside there. She had white hair and pointed ears. She was the most beautiful woman little Nikolai had ever seen.

"I'm sorry, Lunia." Hanes said sadly.