Chapter 33

We crossed the trees and entered a forest that was as silent as a hospital. I could even hear a leaf drop from a tree, nearby.

"We need to stay close, we do not know how they will react to our presence. They might not even know that we're here."

"We know that you approach Demon King." A smooth, male voice spoke through the trees.

"Show yourself." Alexei said, drawing his sword.

"Don't draw your weapons!" A voice, Seth's, shouted from the path we came through. Right, Werewolf hearing.

Alexei did not listen. A threatening growl was heard. It made me want to bolt. It made my skin crawl.

A large beast almost the size of the trees stepped through the bushes. It was approximately 7'4". It was a grey coloured, hulking creature that resembled a wolf but stood on two feet. It's face was clearly wolf, it's muscled arms narrowing into clawed hands. A hard eight pack on its chest and thick equally muscled thighs narrowing into clawed legs. It snarled and licked it's chops.

"We come in peace! We're here to see the Soul Shredder." Nikolai tried explaining, pushing his brother back.

"Shredder does not meet tiny insolent Demonkin. Return or you shall be our next meal."

"We need to see him...Please. " I tried, pleading. I was not proud of it but the thought of being in someone's tummy and then getting digested was disgusting and also frightening and pitiful.

The beast's gaze swung towards me. It's maw opening in another snarl that was cut short. It cocked it's head and sniffed at the air. A light shone as Nikolai pulled me ahead to stand beside him and in the beast's place was a tall youngish looking man with blonde hair and sun kissed skin and dark green eyes, he had small pupils, smaller than what was usual for everyone. He was also as frightening as his beast form but also curiously beautiful. He was wearing a white tank top and blue jeans cut off at the knees and was barefoot.

"I have never seen an elf. Your scent muddles my mind."

"I'm part elf."

"And part Vampire. I have eaten vampire before, they have a weird scent. " I shivered at that. He looked me up and down, his eyes tracing my tattoos and lingering at my ears before shooting towards Nikolai and the party of soldiers.

"Very well, I shall escort you to meet the Shredder. He was informed of your arrival a minute ago. My name is Quicksilver. I am the guardian of the boundary and the Beta of this pack. Throw away your weapons Demonkin. "

Nikolai, now suspicious, asked: "Why let us meet him now? You were going to cook us a minute ago. "

"Our clan has never seen a shining folk. We have heard of them and they have showered our race with sanctuary and blessings before but their kind has never come in direct contact with us. "
I grinned at Nikolai. "Looks like I'm quite the star around here."

"As long as it serves a purpose." Nikolai shrugged. Made hand motions to Alexei, he sheated his sword but did not throw it away.

"We shall keep our weapons. Escort is to the Soul Shredder." He nodded at Quicksilver.

As an answer, the Elder Species male turned and crossed into the bushes. We followed him for a while after shouting at Seth that we were safe and being escorted to the Soul Shredder. He wished us luck and we were on our way again. 

"Is Storm Caller with the young ones?" Quicksilver asked Nikolai as we followed him past a lake with a few naiads sitting at the shore. They stared and pointed at our party, whispering to each other.