chapter 1 - i love him

love is easy: dougie and harry's love story.

dougie pov - i have loved harry since the day i moved into the band house. He was the fatherly figure i didn't really have, a brother and a best friend. 
When frankie left me, i was a mess. I felt i had no one, so fucking alone. It was shit.

harry pov - I remember doug being mess and i felt i had the responsibility to be there for him, no matter how alone he felt. When dougie was in rehab, i used to blag my way into see him most nights. There was this one day, that i remember so well. It was a tuesday around 2.30am, dougie rang me in a state. I arrived as soon as i could as soon as he saw me, he flung his arms around my neck and jumped his legs up, so they were around my waist. I just held him whilst he sobbed into my shoulder. I sat in silence, tracing different shapes on his back, running my hands through his hair. His cries became softer and slowly he lifted his head that was leaning on my body. 
'Thank you for coming' his frail voice whispered 
'I'm here whenever you need me' I assured him. He gave me a weak smile. Soon after came a knock at the door. 'Mr Judd i think it's best for you to leave so Mr Poynter can get some rest.'
I sighed and began to get off of the bed. I reached the door and turned back to doug and saw a look of sheer panic on his face. He was trembling from head to toe and had turned so pale. I couldn't leave him like this. I went back over the bed and took dougie's hands, tears streaming down his face, dropping onto my bare arms. He pushed his head into my chest and i lay back on his bed. Cuddling him until is breath returned to a fairly normally speed. The man entered the room again, seeing the state dougie was in, he was willing to let me stay the night. We chatted about random stuff as i played with his hair until dougs eyes became heavy and he slowly fell asleep in my arms. This was when i realised i was in love with Dougie Poynter

dougie pov - i woke up to harry's fingers running up on down my spine. 'morning beauty.' harry said in a gentle tone. 'did you just call me beauty ??' i asked with a snigger and raised eyebrows. 'wHAT no, i said butty' harry said obviously trying to hide the fact he called me beauty. I smiled at him and we locked eyes as he smiled back.

harry pov - i wanted to grab him and push our lips together there and then. We just started chatting and dougie really started to open up about how he had been feeling over these past years. Listening to him talk about his suicide attempt was so upsetting. i grabbed hold of him and pulled him into a tight hug. 'I wish i could have taken away every last bit of pain you felt' i said with a tear rolling down my cheek landing on dougie's naked shoulder.

dougie pov - 'dude are you crying' i asked harry 'no. i think i dribbled' he said sipping away at his cheeks.'Yes you were oh my god harry you're so stupid! Come here' i said pulling him in for another hug and this time i felt the tears starting to build up in my eyes. We pulled away from the hug and saw each others faces, tears streaming down the both of our cheeks. I don't know why i was crying it was like i felt this massive emotion build up in side of me and the only way for it to come out was in tear form. Harry wiped the tears from my face and i gave him a shy smile. 'Why are you crying?' Harry giggled 'I really don't know haz' i said chuckling. Only, i did know. I was in love with Harry Judd.

harry pov - the man from last night knocked on the door. 'harry would it be okay if you left now as dougie has a session to attend, but i'll keep you updated and you can visit again soon.' he said with a large smile. Dougie let out a sigh. 'Thanks for coming' dougie exclaimed then jumped off of his bed and threw is arms around me one last time, before i left. I gently placed a kiss on his forehead. 'Anytime!' i said smiling, placing my chin on top of dougie's head. I open the door and left. 'love you!' dougie shouted. i quickly stuck my head in the door 'love you too' i said feeling all tingly inside. Harry get a grip of yourself mate! He doesn't love you like that you idiot. He said it in a friendly way. I subconsciously told myself.

dougie pov - Dougie get a grip of yourself dude! He doesn't love you like that you twat. He said it back to you in a friendly way. I subconsciously told myself.