chapter 9 - the proposal

harry pov - i have known dougie for majority of my life. I knew that i wanted to marry him since the day of our first audition. I was scared that if i proposed he would say no because we have only been in a relationship for under a year, but it felt like we have been together since the band house. I loved him and i wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. 

dougie pov - there was something a bit different about harry, he was happier than normal and he kept telling me he loved me. He told me to look nice, but not too nice tonight. I just assumed we were going on a surprise date night. I through on my favourite shirt but didn't do the top few buttons up. I wore it with some black jeans and some boots that i have worn to death.

harry pov - this is what every little thing in our relationship was building up to. It was the most perfect night. The sky was full of stars and it was warm enough to go out without a jacket. I took dougs out on a walk. I wore a grey v-neck and tight black skinny jeans (dougies favourite outfit on me). I put a jacket on, just incase dougie got cold and i had to give him it, like they do in the romantic films. We strolled down a path, dimly lit by street lamps. We reached a park, the same park where dougie and i shared our first kiss and told each other how we really felt about each other. 'Haaaarrrryyyyy' dougie said like a whining child. 'Yeeess' I replied with slight laugh. 'I'm cold' he said clearly wanting my jacket. I took it off a dropped it over dougies shoulders. A small smirk appeared on his face. He look up at me and i planted a kiss on his lips. It became intense, quickly. I ran my tongue along dougies bottom lip asking for entrance, he accepted, exploring every inch of each others mouth. I pulled away from his lips, resting my head on his forehead, a large smile appearing on both of our faces. I slowly lowered myself onto one knee.

dougie pov - i gasped. Never did i think harry would be proposing, we hadn't been in a relationship all that long, yet it felt like we've been together forever. But of course. It all makes sense now. We were back in the place we first got together really. I covered my mouth with my hands and my eyes started to fill with tears as harry cleared his throat. Harry began telling me all the reasons why he loved me. How he never thought i would love him when all along, i thought the same about him. He then started to tell me all about the future we are going to have. It was the most perfect moment i had the biggest grin on my face and i felt tears stream down my face the entire time. Then finally the words he had been building up to say escaped his mouth.

harry pov - 'So Dougie Lee Poynter. Will you marry me?' i said and waited in anticipation

dougie pov - 'Oh Harry Mark Christopher Judd. I will marry you!' He slid the ring on my finger and stood up. I jumped on him, wrapped my arms round his neck and legs round his hips and planted small kisses down his neck. 'Shall. We. Go. Make. This. Last' I said each word after a kiss on a new patch of skin then smirked into his neck. We ran back to our house kissing each other and smiling all the home. I have a fiancee.