chapter 20 - tom's birthday

*2 months later*

dougie pov - We all hid in toms favourite restaurant and turned out the lights, ready to jump out and surprise him because it was his birthday last wednesday.'Suprise!' we all yelled when him and gi walked in.. 'Oh my god.' tom said, face going red with embarrassment and giggling nervously. 'Thanks guys.' he said to everyone. The room was full of toms friends and family. 'Who's idea was this then?' he asked us. 'Danny's' i told him. 'Yeah?' dan said. 'Nothing, thanks for doing this for me.' Tom said to him. 'Tha's alright, you're gettin' old now t-bag.' He said laughing. I spoke to carrie for a while before gi came out with the cake. It was a disney, star wars and music themed caked. I was standing with harry and izzy whilst we sang happy birthday and i felt water land on my foot. I looked down at it, then at iz. 'I think my waters have broke.' izzy said to me. 'Okay um oh my god. Harry, izzy's waters have broke.' I told him trying not to make a big deal as it was toms birthday party. 'Shit, okay, come on iz lets get you to the hospital.' Harry said. 'Wha's goin' on?' danny asked us. 'Izzy's waters have broke' i told him quietly. 'Fuck. Tom get over here!' He yelled to him. 'Woah, whats happening?' tom asked. 'Izzy's waters have broke, we really need to get her to the hospital. But i hope the rest of your party is good tom.' Harry said rushing izzy out of the door. 'No! I'm coming.' tom said. Tom stood on a chair and whistled to get everyones attention. 'Okay thanks for coming, but i have to leave now, by all means stay if you like, but I've really gotta go.' Tom jumped down from the chair, dragged danny out the door with him. They both slid in the back with me and we went straight to the hospital.

harry pov - we got izzy into a wheelchair and she got taken into a room. We all sat in the room with her for a while until her contractions became more frequent and stronger. The doctor came in and put a cannula in her arm. 'Okay, i don't think miss johnston is far from labour and i think it would be best if only two people stayed in the room at one time.' the doctor told us. 'Okay, do you guys want to stay in here and me and doug will wait outside for our mum's?' I asked danny and tom. 'Yeah sure, if tha's alright with izzy.' Dan said. 'Yeah that's fine.' Izzy said with a smile. Me and doug went into the waiting room. Both of our mums showed up at the same time, we said hello and kissed them both on the cheek. 'Do you both want to go in and see izzy?' Dougie asked them. 'Yes, that would be lovely. What room?' My mum asked him. 'Down the corridor, 3rd door on the right. Danny and tom are in there but just kick them out.' Dougie said. Our mums went through and danny and tom came back. 'Do you want me to run to mcdonalds?' Tom asked. 'Yeah please.' We all said. 'Usuals?' He asked, the 3 of us nodded in response. Tom came back with our maccies and the doctor came rushing out. 'Izzy johnston has gone into labour.' Presuming the labour would take a while, me and doug went in for the first 4 hours, but not much was happening, we went back outside into the waiting room and sent dan and tom back in. Dougie became tired so lay with his head on my legs and curled his legs up. I fell asleep on top of dougie. Before my mum came out and woke us both. 'It's only going to be a few minutes now, come on.' Me and doug ran into the room and comforted izzy and assured her that she was doing great.

dougie pov - 'Ok izzy, one more push and hopefully the first head will be out.' The doctor said, harry and i exchanged smiles and tears formed in my eyes. I could believe it, our little sparkles were about to be born. Izzy pushed and squeezed my hand. '2 more izzy, and the first one will be out.' Izzy pushed twice more and a high pitched scream filled the room. 'It's a boy.' The doctor announced. Before i could say anything, Izzy was pushing again. The head came out straight away. 3 pushes later, another baby screamed echoed. 'Aaanndd a girl.' The doctor said. He wrapped them both in a towel and handed me our baby girl and harry our baby boy. We already decided names. 'You still like the names?' I asked harry. 'More than ever.' He said. 'What are they called then guys?' Iz asked. 'Oh izzy thank you so so much for this, i can't believe this has happened. You're incredible.' I said to her and kissed her forehead. 'Now please meet isaac lloyd and luna abigail.' We gave our children to izzy 'Oh my goodness! What gorgeous names for 2 gorgeous babies.' She said. 'Thanks again iz, love you.' Harry said. 'That's okay. I'm so happy i could do this for you. They're going to have the best life.' She said looking at luna and isaac in awe. Mine and harry's mum came in along with danny and tom. All of their faces, full of delight. 'Meet isaac lloyd and luna abigail poynter-judd.' Harry said passing luna over to my mum and isaac harrys. 'A girl and a boy!' Tom said with excitement. 'I honestly can't believe it! I'm an uncle.' Danny said, grinning from ear to ear. Our mums passed the twins over to danny and tom. 'They're so tiny.' Tom said laughing, placing a kiss on isaac's forehead. 'Luna was only 5 pounds, 9 ounces and isaac was 6,8.' Harry told them. Luna wrapped her tiny hand round dannys pinky which meant he didn't have a free hand to wipe the tear that was rolling down his cheek, instead it fell to the floor. 'As there were no complications with the birth, you can feed your twins their bottles and then you can all go home when you're ready.' The doctor told us. We put the twins in the new baby grows we had bought them and a grey fluffy onesie. We took the twins out of the hospital and strapped them into the car seats we had bought a while ago. As soon as they were in their carseats they fell straight to sleep, they looked so small in them, i could have looked at them all day. 

harry pov - We carried them through into the living room and danny and tom came in shortly behind us. Tom took luna out of her moses basket so he could hold her and danny did the same with isaac. They were both sound asleep so they lay on the sofa with the sparkles resting on their chest. Constantly pressing kisses against their heads. Isaac started to get restless and whine, which woke luna up. 'Come help me make the bottles up.' I asked doug. I pulled him into the kitchen and kissed him, tongue slipping into his mouth. He smiled into it. 'If you haven't noticed, our children are screaming in there and we have left their uncles with them whilst we're meant to be making their bottles but instead we're making out.' he said laughing. I laughed and kissed him again. We quickly made the bottles up and took them through to the living room. We had already fed them once at the hospital so we let danny and tom do it. We lay on our other sofa together and dougie kept taking photos of us so i decided to tickle him, i love the way his mouth smiles and eyes squint when he laughs, it's so gorgeous. He took one where we were both looking into each others eyes and laughing, i loved it.

dougie pov - 'are you two gonna stop being idiots and show us how to wind your children?' tom asked laughing. 'It isn't that hard oh my god.' harry said to them. 'Yeah but we're scared they're barely a day old, i don't want to kill them by patting their back too hard.' dan said to us. Harry went over and showed them how to wind them. Luna burped straight away, whereas isaac took a lot longer. Danny kept complaining his arm was getting tired, but refused to give isaac to anyone. Once isaac finally bought up his wind danny cheered and bounced him up and down then kissed his head. Isaac fell asleep on danny with his head tilted to the side and luna lay on her stomach, cuddling into tom and they both slept again. Tom and dan spent a while just looking at them, admiring their beauty. 'Luna's the double of you doug.' Danny said to me. 'And isaac is the spitting image of harry.' Tom said. I looked up at him smiling he pecked my lips. Danny and tom put the twins back in their moses basket and i made everyone a cup of tea, just the way they liked it. Once we chatted about the new album and tour, i got out a load of much and we watched back to the future, for the 483462 time. We could all recite the film, thats how many times tom made us watch it, but it slowly became all of our favourite. The film finished and danny and tom were ready to leave. They both kissed luna and isaac on their heads and left. Later on danny text the group chat 'miss the little sparkles already.' They were both awake, lying on harry. I took a photo of them and sent it 'they miss you too!' i said.