chapter 51 - 3rd birthday

harry pov - it was saturday the 19th of july, doug and i were trying to put two very excitable children to bed. 'If you two aren't in bed in the next 10 seconds you will be getting no presents tomorrow.' I said i sternly as i could however seeing them this excitable was adorable and their giggles was music to my ears. The two of them ran into bed with their teddies clutched tightly to their chest. It was already past their bedtime so after reading 4 pages of the story they demanded, they were sound asleep. 'Right, you set up. I'll get the presents out of the garage.' I told doug, he nodded and the both of us headed down stairs. I brought all of the presents in, placing the ones wrapped in paw patrol wrapping paper on one sofa and a pile of presents wrapped in sofia the first wrapping paper on the other. 'Are you setting up the trampoline now?' Dougie asked me. 'I may as well. Come and help me though?' I said with a pout. 'I mean okay.' He said, dragging out the word. I pulled him into a hug and pecked his lips before the two of us went outside to assemble the trampoline which was a joint birthday present for them. Two hours later, it was fully assembled and we went inside to make sure everything was where it needed to be, there was a pink number 3 helium balloon next to the sofa where luna's presents were and a blue one next to isaac's. There were happy birthday banners taped to the walls. There were clear balloons filled with confetti which covered the celling for the kids to take home after the party, the ribbons were short enough so the kids couldn't reach them and scare luna. 'I'm tired babe.' Dougie complained. 'Let's go up to bed then, we'll probably be woken up at a stupid hour in the morning.' I said with a smile. Both of us got settled into bed with the tv on. 'Our babies are going to be three tomorrow.' Doug said. 'I know, doesn't even feel like we brought them home 3 weeks ago.' I told him and felt a hot tear drip onto my chest. 'Are you crying?' I asked doug. 'Yeah, its just they're our babies and they aren't really babies anymore.' He cried. 'Hey, they'll always be our babies.' I assured him and brushed his hair out of his face. I felt him nod against me and soon his breathing fell even indicating that he fell asleep.

dougie pov - i was woken up by luna and isaac screaming and giggling whilst jumping up and down on our bed. I rolled over to see the clock which read 4:30. I sat up and looked over at harry neither of us believing the time. 'Right, calm down.' Harry said with a hint of laughter. 'It's way to early to be up yet. How about both of you sleep in-between us until a little bit later?' Harry continued. They both nodded and fell asleep within seconds. 'Love you babe.' Harry said. 'Love you too.' I said before we fell back to sleep. We got a few more hours sleep until we were woken up in the same way again at 7:45. 'Happy birthday babies!' I said excitedly. 'No daddy we aren't babies!' Isaac told me. 'You'll always be our babies.' Harry stated. 'Presents?' Luna asked. 'Sorry, we forgot it was your birthday and we didn't get you any parents.' I said. 'No you didn't daddy!' They both laughed. The four of us made our way downstairs where two large piles of presents sat on the sofas making them both squeal with excitement and run over to their piles. The ripped open their presents, thanking us both every time they opened a something new. 'There's still one more present that you both have to share.' Harry told them. They grinned and nodded excitedly. We covered their eyes and lead them out to the garden and uncovered their eyes. They both gasped and squalid with excitement. 'Thank you daddy! Thank you papa!' They shouted and kissed both of us. 'Aurora bounce?' Luna asked. 'We can see if she likes it.' Harry answered before lifting our dog onto the trampoline. She paws darted about, trying to get a grip but failed. I lifted her off, putting her out of her misery, letting her run around the garden with her toys. 'Daddy, papa jump.' Isaac said. The both of us climbed onto the trampoline and began bouncing with them, all of us still in our pyjamas. After 15 another minutes of bouncing we decided to go inside and get ready.

harry pov - we gave them a bath and brushed their teeth before putting on their dressing gowns so they didn't spill their breakfast on their clothes. As it was a special occasion, we made pancakes and waffles with different topping choices. Doug was just finishing luna's hair when there was a knock at the door. I ran downstairs to greet tom, gi, danny, georgia and izzy. 2 minutes later, dougie brought the twins into the kitchen for breakfast and screamed with excitement when they saw everyone. 'More presents!? Isaac questioned. 'Yes baby, you can open them after we've eaten breakfast.' I told him. We all sat down round the table and ate our food, the twins insisting that we all had to wear party hats. They got syrup and nutella all around their mouths, so i wiped their faces before they ran off to play with their new toys. 'We open presents now?' Isaac asked. 'Yeah! Go into the living room now and we'll be through in a second.' Doug told him. We all went into the living room to watch them open their presents. 'Auntie georgia, will you paint my nails?' Luna asked her. 'Of course!' She answered. 'And mine after!' Isaac said. 'Okay, darlin', choose a colour' She told him. Georgia had just finished painting luna's nails pink when isaac rushed over with a purple nail polish. She quickly painted his nails before me and dougie took them upstairs to get dressed. Izzy decorated outside for the party with help of gi and georgia before they set up the table with party food. We sent danny and tom for the cakes and they could help with setting up when they were back.