chapter 15 - izzy's scan

dougie pov - Harry and i were getting ready for izzy's 20 week scan. We couldn't make the first few, we were doing stuff with the band. I was so nervous, today we were going to see our children inside izzy. I was a nervous wreck, but i knew i had to stay calm and there was nothing to worry about. Harry came behind me and started to rub my shoulders. 'Why are you nervous?' He asked me. 'How did you know?' I said. 'Because I've known you for so long and i know what you do when you're anxious about something.' He told me. 'What do you mean?' i asked. 'Like how you play with the strand of hair behind your ear and tangle your fingers together and you become really quiet.' He kissed me behind my ear. A smile grew across my face. I couldn't believe harry had noticed all my little habits i had, even ones i hadn't noticed myself. He was still standing behind me rubbing my arms before dragging his hands down to mine and clasping onto them. 'I love you.' i said to him. 'I love you too.' he said back to me, speaking into my neck.

harry pov - we met izzy at the clinic and we were called through pretty quickly. Iz lay down on the bed and pulled up her top so the nurse could do her ultrasound. I stood next to doug and put my arm round him and pulled him close to me, he wrapped both of his arms round my waist and hugged me tightly. We looked at the monitor and saw two 2 figures on it. I saw tears roll down dougie's cheek which set me off. 'Oh my god, you're both such babies!' izzy said to us laughing. The nurse pressed a button and we heard two racing heart beats. 'Is it normal for their hearts to beat that fast?' dougie asked slightly concerned. 'Perfectly. Foetuses have a much quicker heart beat than us.' She assured him. 'I want to have an ultrasound.' he said to me quietly to me causing us both to giggled. Dougie clearly didn't say it that quietly because when izzy had finished, the nurse asked if dougie wanted an ultrasound. Of course he did. Izzy had to leave straight after the scan as she was going to visit her parents. We both said bye to her and as soon as she left, dougie pulled his top off and threw himself on the bed. The woman put the gel on his stomach and dougie started to laugh uncontrollably at how cold it was. 'Would you like to scan him?' the nurse ask me. 'Sure.' I replied and took the scanner off of her and sat next to dougie, both in hysterics, tears streaming down our faces. We didn't even now why we were laughing (which was the best type of laughter). 'Um excuse me mr poynter, this is a very serious procedure.' I said to him, trying my hardest not to start laughing again. 'Sorry doctor judd' dougie said, still laughing. I began scanning dougie. 'Yes just as i thought, you have the love bug.' i told him. 'You are so cringey!' dougie said bursting out in laughter. 'But its true i am well and truly in love with you doctor.' I pulled his chin up and pecked his lips and smiled into them. I began tickling him. 'Harryyy!' He wailed. slapping my arm begging me to stop torturing him. I finally felt like i tickled him enough because he became breathless. I grabbed some paper towels and wiped off the cold gel from his stomach. We walked out of the ultrasound room and got into the car.

dougie pov - we were driving back to the house and harry squeezed my leg 'You're going to be the fun dad.' He told me. 'So are you! I'm pretty much a child so really i'm going to be more like a sibling that can ground them' i said to him. He laughed little but he seemed really down. 'Hey they'll love us both equally, i promise.' I reassured him. We pulled up outside the house and harry wiped his eyes. 'Haz. What's up baby?' i asked him. 'You're just so amazing, i'm not a patch on you. I'm scared they'll hate me.' he said. 'Are you being serious? You are the most incredible person i know and our children will love you so so much.' I kissed him on the lips then hopped out of the car and walked into the house. I switched on all the fairy lights in the living room, pulled down a load of blankets to make a fort with and ordered a chinese whilst harry was in the shower. Our food got to the house pretty quick so i put it inside the fort i had built along with some chocolate, marshmallows and strawberries for afterwards. I put a film on netflix and switched off the main light, making everything cosy. Harry came in, topless with his grey abercrombie bottoms. A smile crept across harry's face. He sat down next to me and fed me a strawberry. He pushed our lips together, it started slow, but gradually got more intense, his tongue slipping in and out of my mouth. We sat and cuddled together, feeding each other and laughing. 'Why are you so amazing?' I asked him. 'I'm not.' He said to me. 'No. You are. You really, really are. Why are you putting yourself down? Our children will love you so so much. More than i love you and really, i don't think that's possible.' i told him. I wiped the tear rolling down his face and pulled his head so our foreheads were resting against each other and i rubbed our noses together. I fell asleep on harry's chest and he woke me up when the film had finished.

harry pov - 'do you want to come up to bed baby?' I asked doug. 'Or do you want to stay down here watching films and falling asleep in each others arms.' he said to me. 'Yeah, i like that idea.' I told him. We positioned the laptop so we could see it lying down in our fort. We lay with our arms wrapped around each others back. Even though i was feeling like utter shit dougie had a way to make me feel so loved and he was absolutely incredible. We ended up staying up all night talking about our feelings, crying, laughing, kissing. I was so emotionally drained by the morning, but i felt so much better. I was so scared that our children wouldn't love me or only want one dad and choose doug. But after talking, i was so excited for our children to be born and love and spoil them so much.