chapter 45 - christmas 2015

harry pov - 'Daddy! Papa! Daddy! Papa!' The twins came sprinting into our room at 6:30, jumping on our bed and shaking us making us wake up. 'Santa's eaten the cookies. He's been!' Luna said excitedly. This was their first christmas where they understood what it was properly, where they could get excited and wake us up at the crack of dawn. I grabbed my phone off of the bed side table and started recording them. 'What day is it?' I asked the twins, filming them. 'Christmas!' They both shouted. 'And have you been naughty or nice?' I questioned them. 'Nice.' They both said giggling. 'I think you've both been really naughty.' Dougie said to them and tickled them into oblivion. 'No daddy. We've been good!' Isaac said in hysterics. Dougie picked them both up and rested them on a hip each. I walked down the stairs backwards, recording them three of them walking down. I opened the living room door a tiny bit and peaked in. 'No sorry. He hasn't come.' I teased. 'Yes he has papa!' Isaac said. I opened up the door wide, letting the twins see all of their presents, making them both gasp in amazement. Dougie put them down and they both ran over to the presents, one sofa was pilled high with presents wrapped in silver wrapping paper and the other sofa had gifts wrapped in gold wrapping paper. 'I think the presents wrapped in silver are luna's and the one's in gold are isaac's.' Dougie told the twins. They both went over to their piles and began ripping the wrapping paper to each of their gifts. Isaac got a new drum kit, and luna got a ukulele. Isaac also got a football and football tops, something danny had gotten him into. Luna got ballet and tap shoe's as well as leotards for dancing, she had been doing it pretty much since she could walk and loved it. They got a load of toys each everything from car's to barbies. One of our favourite things to do together was cuddle with blankets so we got them a new disney blanket each. They finished opening all of their presents and asked me and doug to start opening all of their toys. 'Wait there's one more present. I saw it in the kitchen. Santa must have forgot to put it with your other gifts.' Dougie said. I grabbed my phone again and pressed record, I couldn't wait to see their faces when they saw the gift. Dougie bought in a large box with the lid wrapped separately and holes poked all around it. 'A puppy!' Luna shouted. Dougie lifted the king charles spaniel from the box and let the twins stroke our new pet. 'What shall we call her guys?' I asked them. 'Aurora.' Luna said, it was her favourite disney princess and the twins loved watching sleeping beauty together. 'Isaac do you like that name.' Dougie asked him. He nodded and dougie put aurora on the floor. 'Be gentle.' I told them, not wanting them to hurt the tiny puppy. We all went upstairs to get ready, knowing our guests would be arriving in about 3 hours. Once we were all ready, we went back downstairs so me and doug could open our presents. Dougie got me everything i wanted, some things i didn't even ask for, but i did the same for him. We just knew what each other wanted and we were willing to get it for each other, no matter the price. The twins were lying on the sofa and i put elf on for them they lay together, hugging and kissing aurora. When we went to choose aurora, the owner told us that her mum didn't want her so just left her, making her depressed so she didn't bark and just lay there. Her previous owner said that she had taken her to the vets and the best thing for her is to be in a family that will give her a lot of love and attention, to make her feel wanted again. We didn't need much persuading to know we wanted her, she was the cutest one there and we knew that she would be an amazing addition to our amazing family.

dougie pov - the door bell rang and i took our sleeping puppy off of luna's chest so the twins could answer the door. 'Uncle tom! Auntie gi!' The twins squealed and jumped into there arms. 'Hey, merry christmas guys.' Tom said kissing their heads. 'What did santa get you?' Gi asked. 'Nothing because they were so naughty.' Tom teased and tickled them. 'We show you!' Isaac said. Tom and gi put the twins down and were dragged into our living room. 'This is aurora.' Luna said pointing to the puppy in arms. 'You did not.' Tom said laughing, i just nodded and laughed with him. 'Harry i can't believe you got a puppy.' Tom said to him. 'Santa bought it, we can't give her back.' He said. Gi was too busy stroking aurora to listen to what we were saying. 'Here hold her.' I said to gi, passing her our dog. She took her and sat on the sofa, looking at what else the twins got for christmas. 'Are you going to give us a dance show later luna?' Tom asked her. 'Yeah, with you uncle tom!' She answered seriously. 'With me?' He asked surprised. 'Yep.' she said laughing and running on the spot with all the excitement. 'Do you want more presents?' Gi asked. 'Yes! Yes! Yes!' The twins said waiting to be presented with more presents. Tom bought in two huge bags both with at least 12 presents in. 'Guys, that's too much!' Harry said, shocked at how much they spent on the twins. 'Don't be stupid harry.' Tom said to him. They opened all of their presents and asked me and harry to open up the toy boxes. 'Um what do you say to uncle tom and auntie gi first?' I asked them. 'Thank you!' They both said, wrapping their arms tightly around them and giving them both sloppy kisses. They sat down to play with the toys when the bell rang again, this time it was danny and georgia and the same thing happened, they leapt onto them, dragged them into the living room, showed them aurora and they were spoilt with a lot of presents. 'You've both spoilt them so much, there's no need!' I told them. 'Yes there is. They're our niece and nephew, they deserve to be spoilt.' Danny said. I shook my head at them and laughed slightly. 'Uncle danny can you teach me?' Isaac asked, holding up his football. 'Yeah, come on champ.' Danny said before sweeping isaac off of his feet and carrying him into the back garden. I followed them out to watch them, it wasn't a very successful football lesson as it ended with danny chasing isaac around the garden and isaac laughing hysterically. Before long, our families came piling through the door, each of them giving us and the twins presents. Harry called everyone into the dining room for dinner and everyone sat around our large table, enjoying the food and praising harry for it. Once everyone had finished eating, we went into the living room so everyone could talk and be more sociable. The twins played with their toys and aurora was past around all of our guests, everyone loved her.

harry pov - 'uncle tom, come do ballet.' Luna said to him, tugging on his arm. They sat in the middle of the living room doing good toes, naughty toes and pliés. Tom taught her 2nd position and luna showed him her fairy dance, making him copy her. 'Uncle danny, you come dance.' Luna said pulling him off of the sofa the three of them doing ballet together. 'What about tap?' Danny asked her. She nodded and put on her new tap shoes to show them what she can do. 'Luna they won't make a clip clop noise on the carpet.' I told her. 'Oh.' She said innocently. 'Quickly show uncle tom and uncle danny in the music room.' I told her, not minding the wooden floor in there to be scuffed. With that, she dragged tom and danny into the music room with her and showed them how to tap. 'Papa, can i put on a football top?' Isaac asked me. 'Yeah, go choose one of your new ones.' I told him. He went and chose one then came running into the living room with his personalised manchester united one. I helped him slip it on and put a pair of black joggers on him. Danny and tom came back into the room with luna. 'Papa, uncle tom said you're the best ever at dancing.' Luna said to me. I shot a look over at tom, who was laughing and i shook my head at him. 'Yeah, i'll show you tomorrow.' I said, ruffling her hair and kissing her forehead. 'Uncle danny look!' Isaac said showing off his new football top. 'No not united.' Danny said. 'Why?' He asked confused. 'Danny leave him, he's only two.' Georgia said. 'I'm only kidding mate. It's so cool. Turn around.' Danny said. Isaac did what danny asked and turned so he could read the back. 'We'll 'ave to get you a bolton top!' Danny said. 'No! Manchester,' Isaac said to danny, stomping his foot. 'Rooney!' Isaac shouted, running round the house, getting chased by danny. Dougie was in the kitchen tidying away some of the plates so we had less of a job in the morning when i slipped my arms around his waist, he spun around and looked into my eyes as a huge smile crept onto his face. He wrapped his arms around me and i kissed his head. 'Merry christmas dougie.' I said. 'Merry christmas harry.' He replied. I slowly leant down and gave him a soft kiss, i lifted him onto the island in the kitchen, still kissing each other, but a lot more passionately, our tongues battling for dominance. We pulled apart, realising we both needed air and both of us had smiles on our faces.

dougie pov - me and harry ended up tidying everything to save us a job in the morning before going back into the living room to play board games. I got monopoly out for everyone to play, because there was so many of us, we had to play in teams of 2. 'I'm on uncle danny's and auntie georgia's team!' Isaac shouted, he ran and sat on danny's lap. 'I'm on uncle tom's and auntie gi's!' Luna said excitably, jumping onto tom's knee. Aurora was sat on my knee and i cuddled her whilst we played. A good few hours later the game ended and tom and gi won, like every year. 'Daddy i'm tired.' Isaac told me at 11:45. 'Do you want to go up to bed?' I asked him. He nodded sucking his thumb. Luna was already asleep on the sofa so i asked harry if he could bring luna up. We tucked the twins in and planted a kiss on their foreheads before turning off the light and returning to our guest. 'Where's izzy?' My mum asked. 'She's away with her family this year, she comes home on the 29th though so we're going out with her then.' I explained. She nodded and went back to talk to harry's mum. The night quickly turned into the early hours of the morning, at around 2am, everyone had left apart from tom, gi, danny and georgia who were staying the night. We stayed up for another hour having a laugh before all going to bed. Boxing day rolled around and for once, i was awake before the twins. It was probably because they had such a late night for them, they needed the rest. I went downstairs to make everyone breakfast, each of them coming through the kitchen door one at a time. Once we finished our fry up, we went into the living room and watched hook, all of us covered in blankets with cup of tea whilst the twins played with their toys and aurora as well as watching the movie. 'Papa, dance!' Luna said excitably jumping up and down with her arms in the air. 'Thomas fletcher i should kill you.' Harry joked. Harry lifted her up and started doing the cha cha cha with her around the living room. 'My turn!' Isaac called. Harry lifted him up and began dancing with him, making him giggle. 'Papa and uncle tom dance.' Luna clapped. Tom laughed before getting up and dancing with harry, both of them in hysterics whist gi filmed it on toms camera for his vlog. The 8 of us all sat down and watched star wars, mine and toms choice of course. Danny, georgia, tom and gi all left at about 3pm leaving the 4 of us us to cuddle together with aurora. 'Did santa bring you everything you wanted?' Harry asked them. They nodded enthusiastically and kissed aurora's head. I smiled at harry and kissed him sweetly. 'I don't know how we're going to top that next year.' I whispered making him laugh a little. 'We'll think of something.' He said, all of us cuddling together again.