chapter 46 - baby ballet

*2 weeks later*

dougie pov - it was saturday morning, luna hadn't been to dancing in a while and i was scared she wouldn't want to go back, but she did. I did her hair in two french braids, georgia taught me how to do them when we were on holiday. I dressed her in tights, a new leotard and tutu she got for christmas as well as packing her bag with ballet and tap shoes. I put on her black hoodie which had her dance school logo and name on the back in pink glitter. She ate her breakfast with isaac who was still in his pyjamas, playing with his cars figures. I was still in nothing but my joggers; luna started dancing in 30 minutes and it was a 20 minute journey. 'Harry are you ready?' I called upstairs. 'Yeah, why?' He asked. 'Can you take luna dancing please.' I shouted. 'Yeah.' He said running down the stairs. He kissed me and isaac goodbye before strapping luna into her carseat and driving to the dance studio.

harry pov - i took her into her dancing, being greeted by miss helen, her dance teacher. I helped her take off her trainers and put on her ballet shoes so her lesson could start. 'I'll see you later okay?' I said, waving. She came running after me hugging onto my leg, crying hysterically. 'Hey, come on.' I said, crouching down to her level. 'You go and dance.' I tried to persuade her. She shook her head and carried on crying. I hugged her tight and kissed her temple, trying to comfort her and assure her everything was okay. I sat her back on the floor with her group and got up to walk away again. I hardly took 3 steps when she came running back to me with fresh tears running down her face. I picked her up and carried her outside the hall to calm her down. Every time i went to take her back into the hall she would cling onto me and start crying again. Her dance teacher came out to to talk to us and try and persuade luna to go back in and dance. 'Do you want daddy to dance with you?' She asked luna. 'Daddy isn't here.' Luna said confused. 'Papa will come and dance with you yeah?' I said. She nodded and i put her on the floor so she could walk. She still hung onto my leg as we were walking into the hall. Everyone was sat down doing good toes naughty toes and me and luna joined in with them, she still grabbed my arm, making sure i wasn't going anywhere. Once she had became less clingy and started enjoying herself a bit more, i went and sat down where i could watch her. It didn't take her long to realise i was gone and she came running back in tears. 'No papa come back.' She sobbed. I sat her on my knee and wiped her tears away and kissed her cheek. 'Do you want to go home?' I asked her. She nodded and wiped her eyes. Helen came outside again just to check how luna was. 'She doesn't want to stay so i'm going to take her home.' I told her. 'Alright.' She said sympathetically. 'She does really love it, but she's been really clingy lately. We'll try her again next week.' I explained. 'Okay, see you next week luna.' She said with a smile. Luna gave her a wave as i carried her out of the building and drove back home.

dougie pov - i spent the morning playing with isaac and teaching him how to stroke aurora gently when harry walked through the door with luna in his arms. 'Why are you back?' I asked him. 'Luna really didn't want to stay.' He told me and put her down. 'Daddy.' She cried and hugged me tight. 'Hey, it's okay.' I said, rubbing her back. She pulled away and i wiped away her tears, she placed a quick kiss on my lips and sat on my knee. I taught her and isaac how to stroke aurora gently together, isaac boasting about he had already been taught before so knew what to do. 'Shall papa take you upstairs and get you dressed?' I asked her. She nodded and harry chased her up the stairs to get her ready. 'Isaac go and ask luna what she wants to do today.' I said to him. He ran upstairs and about a minute later came bumping down. 'She wants to stay home.' He told me. 'Okay, shall we see if uncle danny, auntie georgia, uncle tom, auntie gi and auntie izzy want to come round for lunch?' I asked him, making him nod with excitement. I texted each of them and everyone was up for it. Once everyone had arrived, danny played with the twins whilst we all ordered a burrito take away from deliveroo. Because luna was comfortable around all of us, she wasn't as clingy to me and harry but kept on hugging everyone and snuggling close to them. 'What happened at dancing today then?' Tom asked when she was perched on his knee. 'I didn't want to do it.' She told him. 'Would you do it if i went to watch you next week?' He wondered. Luna nodded enthusiastically. He smiled and kissed her forehead. 'Auntie izzy, i can stroke aurora gently, watch.' Isaac said to her and began stroking her. 'So can i.' Luna piped up and ran over to our puppy. 'Okay sparkles go and wash your hands and eat your lunch now please.' Harry said. Georgia and gi went into the kitchen to help them wash their hands then carried them back into the living room where we were all sitting. Once everyone had left, luna became really clingy to harry. He didn't mind of course, he loved it when she wanted to hug him all the time. The 4 of us spent the afternoon playing with figures, lego and drawing whilst peppa pig was playing in the background. Everything had been a bit hectic with christmas, so it was nice just having the afternoon as the 4 of us.