chapter 40 - birthday and build a bear

*3 weeks later*

harry pov - i woke up at 7, knowing the twins would wake up shortly after and want to wake dougie up. I stroked their faces gently causing them to wake up and groan before they realised it was dougie's birthday. 'Is it daddy's birthday?' Isaac asked excitedly. 'Yeah, but shh. You need to write his card.' I told them. They sat at the desk in their bedroom and drew him a picture then i helped them write their names at the bottom of it. The three of us went down stairs to decorate the house and make a huge stack of pancakes for us all to eat in bed. 'Carry these presents upstairs and i'll get the breakfast.' I told the twins. We went back into the twins room before going and waking up doug. 'Luna are you sure it's okay to have balloons?' I asked, not wanting to scare her at all. 'Yes papa, but not too big.' She told me. She watched me carefully as i blew a few up and put them in our bedroom. We all crept in and saw dougie still sound asleep. I put the pancakes on the side with the presents and let the twins jump on our bed, screaming and giggling to wake dougie up. 'Happy birthday daddy!' They both yelled excitedly hugging and kissing him. 'Happy birthday dougs.' I said and kissed his lips sweetly. The twins bought his presents over onto the bed, 'I don't think i can unwrap these myself.' Dougie said. The twins helped him tare the paper off of his neatly wrapped presents and threw it to one side, drowning me in it. We got dougie a polaroid camera and a new amp for his bass because the twins changed the dials on his old one so it blew up when dougie used it the next time. We got him some smaller bits like clothes, shoes and some personalised guitar pics. 'Thank you so much guys.' Dougie said and kissed the twins heads. I bought him the tray with the pancakes piled high onto the bed where we all ate together and took dougie's first polaroid of the 4 of us. 'What do you want to do today?' I asked dougie. 'Westfields?' He said. 'Sure, if that's what you want to do.' I said. We got the twins ready for a day out shopping. 'Are you going to walk today or do we need to push you?' I asked the twins wondering if i needed to pack their push chairs. 'Papa carry me.' Isaac said, clearly not wanting to be pushed or walk around the shopping centre. 'No, papa isn't carrying you.' I told him, laughing a little. 'Haz, we always end up carrying them, there's no point in bringing their push chairs.' Dougie told me. He was right, whenever we go shopping we always end up carrying them. We strapped them into their carseats and drove to westfields.

dougie pov - we pulled up at the shopping centre and lifted the twins out of the car. 'Are you walking?' I asked luna. 'Shoulders!' She said excitedly so i lifted her onto my shoulders and harry did the same with isaac. We were walking around and i bought a few bits. 'Bear!' Isaac shouted. 'What do you mean isaac?' Harry asked him confused. 'Bear!' He repeated and pointed over to a shop. 'Oh you want to go to build a bear.' Harry said. 'Come on then.' I said. We took the twins over and put them down letting them choose a bear each. They both got so excited, they ran around in a circle and squealed. 'Shhh. Come over here.' Harry said laughing at our excitable children. 'Choose a bear each then.' Harry told them. Luna chose a purple sparkly bear and isaac chose a blue and green fluffy bear. We took them over to the stuffing machine, they both giggled and jumped up and down when they had to make a wish on the love heart they put inside their teddy. 'Right let's choose some clothes.' I said, taking their hands and helping them choose outfits for their teddies. Luna dressed hers in a ballerina tutu and ballet shoes. 'We can dance together!' Luna said to her bear holding it tight to her chest. Isaac had his dressed in a full football kit. 'Mine plays football.' Isaac said showing me and harry his new teddy. 'What are you bears called?' Harry asked the twins so he could register them on the computers and print them a birth certificate to go with their new teddies. 'Bella.' Luna said. 'Rio.' Isaac told harry. We went and paid for their ridiculously priced bears and went back into the main shopping centre.

harry pov - we walked out of build a bear and was greeted by some fans. The twins were resting on our hips and luna buried her head into my shoulder, not liking the attention she was receiving. Isaac was being his normal self, loving every bit of attention he was getting waving at all of our fans like they were his. Actually one fan said to me, 'We like the twins more than we like you.' Which i don't them blame for. More people crowded around us which made luna cry into my shoulder. People understood that luna was scared and didn't like the commotion so tried to speed things along which we appreciated. We signed things and took photo's with everyone before they left, not wanting to turn anyone away. Me and doug took the twins into costa so luna could calm down and got them some food. 'It was too loud papa.' She said. 'Sorry sparkie, they can be a bit crazy can't they.' I said kissing her temple. She nodded and took a slurp of her capri sun. We bought a few more bits and got the twins some new clothes as well as a new pair of converse for both of them. 'Papa i'm tired.' Isaac said to me. 'Okay, shall we go home then?' I said. He nodded, rubbed his eyes and yawned, making luna yawn. We carried them back to the car and they slept the drive home. We lifted their sleeping bodies into the house and lay them on the sofa letting them sleep a little longer. Me and dougie were in the kitchen, talking and being genuinely happy together, constantly sharing kisses with one another. The twins were playing, we could hear them and they were content with each other, there was no need for us to go into them just yet. There was a loud bang that echoed through the house. 'Shit.' I muttered. 'Luna are you alright?' I shouted, both me an dougie anxiously waiting for her response. I quickly went into the living room to see if she was okay. 'Uh hmm.' She said and nodded. I could tell she wasn't completely okay, but i was so pleased that she was trying. 'Good girl.' I said to her smiling. I hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. Dougie came in and saw me hugging luna. 'You okay sparkie?' He asked her. She pulled away from our hug and went over to him. 'Yes daddy.' She said. He smiled and lifted her up to kiss her sweetly.

dougie pov - it got to 5 o'clock and my family and friends all showed up at our house. Danny and tom played football in the garden with the twins whilst i caught up with some family i haven't seen in a long time. 'Sparkles come inside and sing happy birthday to daddy.' I heard harry shout outside. They both came running in an sat themselves on my knee. Harry bought in my cake and everyone sang happy birthday to me. 'I need some help blowing out all these candles.' I said so twins would help me. They hadn't really mastered the art of blowing out candles and so covered the cake in saliva. Harry went into the kitchen the cut the cake and wipe the kids spit off of it. The twins were asked a lot of questions from my family they both buried themselves into me in shyness. 'Come on, you aren't shy.' I said to them poking their sides, making them laugh a little. Everyone left after a few hours later. It was so nice seeing all of the people i cared about and it was amazing seeing everyone having fun with the twins. 'Daddy do we get chocolate tomorrow?' Isaac asked me. 'Yeah, it's going to be christmas soon so you get to open up your advent calendars.' I explained. I was cuddling into harry on the sofa as luna and isaac were singing and dancing to loads of christmas songs giving us a show. We spent the night singing and dancing with them, getting excited about decorating the house all christmassy soon.