chapter 6 - i'm sorry

dougie pov - i sat in the bathroom at 3am fiddling with a blade. I pressed the blade into my skin and swiped it from left to right, the stinging pain running through my veins, i made another cut and another. I sat down with my back pressed against the bath. Harry came running into the bathroom. 'Oh my god, dougie!' harry said in shock. 'H-Harry I'm sorry' i said with sobs separating my words

harry pov - i ran and sat next to doug, tears forming in both of our eyes. 'Why are you doing this baby?' i said kissing his cuts. 'I'm scared haz' doug said, tears rolling down his face. 'Scared of what?' i said confused. 'Losing you' he said as his breathing pace quickened. I pulled him in tight letting him sob loudly into me. 'I will never leave you dougie. Even if i'm not your boyfriend, we will always be best friends. Always.' i said into his hair, kissing it. He stopped wailing, pulled away and looked at me i wiped his tears off of his face. 'Do you want me to clean it up?' doug nodded, eyes red raw. I got a wipe and began wiping away the blood on dougies arm. He winced and pulled his arm away. 'Hey, i know it hurts, but please let me make this better.' I cleaned the rest of his cuts and looked and doug tears streaming down my face. 

dougie pov - 'doug, please never do this to yourself ever again.' harry said to me. He had tears pouring from his eyes. I felt so guilty, it was all my fault that he was crying, my pain had turned into his pain. 'I promise harry. I'm so sorry i dealt with it this way.' my sobs became loud again and harry pressed his lips against mine. Probably half to shut me up, half to show his love for me. I swallowed the large lump in my throat and fell asleep in harry arms on the bathroom floor.

harry pov - i let dougie go off into a deep sleep in the bathroom before i picked him up and placed him into bed. I climbed in next to him and just as i shut my eyes, dougie wrapped his arms around me. I held him close, making sure he knew i wasn't going anywhere. I intertwined our legs so we were even closer. I felt dougies body start to relax i rubbed the top part of his arm. I felt so guilty being the reason why dougie felt he had to hurt himself.