Chapter 3.1 - One-on-one

Aww look at my bae ಥ_ಥ

"L-Let me go, Kise...", Ai begged and sounded as if she was going to start crying while she tried to push the blonde away. "Didn't I say no, Ai-cchi? And why don't you call me Ryō-kun anymore? I liked that nickname a lot!", he replied childishly and Ai scoffed under the male's grip.

"My name is Haru...", she said quietly and didn't bother to answer Kise's question.
"Fine, I'll let you go. But I want a kiss on my cheek in return, -ssu!"

The model finally let go of the tiny girl and pointed at his cheek with his index finger.
"Damn you to hell, Kise...", Ai whispered as she looked down and Kise sighed with a happy smile on his lips. "Then I'll force you to kiss me~", he said and was about to grab her, but he was stopped by a basketball that flew towards him fastly.

Kise stopped it in the last moment and whined in pain as he looked at his hand, shaking it at the same time to deaden the pain he felt. "Aw man... That kinda hurt, you know?", he pouted and Ai was very relieved to see Taiga who had thrown the basketball at the blonde.

"Forget it", the redhead growled, and Kise tilted his head in confusion.
"Huh? What do you mean?"
"You're not going to get a kiss from Haru, unless you deserve it."

Kise only laughed at the statement and suddenly widened his eyes when he saw his former teammate. He ran towards him in excitement. "Kuroko-cchi! It's been a while! I'm surprised that you chose Seirin! You left me!", he said while crying fake tears and the blue haired boy blankly looked at the blonde.

Taiga was left dumbfounded at being ignored by Kise, but he was worried about Ai. She was looking down with a dark look on her face and her body was shaking slightly.

Where did she know him from?
Why was she so afraid of him?

"Hey, let's play one-on-one. If I win, you'll leave Haru alone and won't ever touch her again!", the redhead challenged with furrowed eyebrows and the guy who was still holding the basketball in his hands turned to him with a surprised look.

Taiga was really curious, so he wanted to take this as a chance to find out a few things about Ai, and of course, test the Generation of Miracles' skills.

"Fine. But if I win, she will talk to me in private, and I'll get my kiss~", Kise replied happily and took off the jacket of his school uniform.

The other team members looked at Ai with concerned and sad eyes. "I'm okay. No need to worry", she said without emotion as if she could read their minds and grabbed her school bag, then watched the one-on-one that Kise won because of his copy abilities.

Taiga grunted in annoyance and was fuming as the blonde grabbed his jacket, then Ai by her wrist and pulled her outside to talk to her. She, of course, couldn't do anything because Kise had won.

After the two walked about 10 meters, Kise let go of Ai and stepped closer to her while deeply looking into her eyes. She, however, wanted to avoid eye contact, so she lowered her head.

What did he want from her now, after two years of no slightest contact?

"Did you like the flowers? I decided to make you happy since daisies are your favourites", the blonde said with a much softer voice than before and surprised Ai.
She widened her eyes slightly and looked up at Kise.

"Y-Yeah, thank you", she mumbled and an awkward silence took place after her answer.

'He still knows that they are my favourite flowers...', she thought.

"I knew that you were alive all the time; I was the only one who knew it and I didn't tell the others because I was afraid that they might hurt you again, Ai-cchi", he admitted and a sad smile graced his lips.
"Why were you afraid? It's not like you cared about me anyway", Ai replied harshly and Kise gasped. "I did. I did since the first day we met!", he shouted and Ai winced at the sudden raise of his voice, then took a step back in fear.

Kise clenched his fists and decided to tell her everything. His thoughts, feelings, wishes and the whole truth. This burden in his heart needed to be lifted off. He needed to tell her about everything.

"Please believe me... I didn't reply to your confession because I didn't have another choice! I can explain you everything whenever you want, but... I loved you from the beginning and I still do. From now on, I'll protect you with everything I have. I don't know if you'll be able to love me again, but I am willing to do anything to make it possible, Haru-cchi", he blurted out with closed eyes out of of embarrassement and guilt while Ai gazed to the side with a sorrowful look in her eyes.

She couldn't buy it, no matter how beautiful these words sounded.

"Stop joking, Kise... You wouldn't have watched and ignored how they did all of these things to me if you really loved me! If this is love, then to hell with it!", she shouted, turned away and began to run as she couldn't stand it anymore and felt tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'll make you believe me...", Kise whispered and walked away sadly.

"You will believe me one day..."

-

I somehow liked this chapter, even if it was angsty...

I also wanted to thank you guys for over 800 views! You don't know how happy I am 💞