Chapter 12.2 - Spectators

Yes, you'll finally meet Hanamiya and his sadistic squad that kicks ass 🎉

This chapter contains violence! Read at your own risk

The next two matches were up.
Shūtoku versus Kirisaki Daīchi and Seirin versus Senshinkan. Seirin had always lost to the latter in the last two years, as well as in the Interhigh after they have been defeated by Tōō.

There were two really weird points that Ai immediately realized and didn't like at all when she sat down. One look across the other half of the hall where Shūtoku's match took place was enough to tell that the first strings of Kirisaki Daīchi High didn't even play.

And the interesting or maybe even scary point was that they were watching Seirin's match instead.

Ai was simply worried about her teammates, especially Kiyoshi because it wasn't that unrealistic that this team was planning to injure him again or anyone else from the team. She knew how violent his team was.

Watching Seirin's game against Kirisaki Daīchi last year made Ai draw the conclusion that this team had no intentions of winning any of their matches. Their goal seemed to consist of seeing people suffer and that utterly disgusted Ai.

But she wouldn't let them do whatever they want when it was Seirin's time to play against them in this season. Ai would warn her team when they were about to get fouled and she would make sure that a referee would see everything and do something.

Yes, she would absolutely do that as the assistant coach of Seirin. It was for the guys' safety and she would do anything for them to win the match without any complications or injuries.

That all sounded so easy and Ai actually didn't realize who she was messing with.
She didn't notice how they were staring at her sitting figure and how they were going to decide that the whole team, including her, were going to be their new 'victims'.

The only thing she noticed was how Midorima was glaring at her with his green eyes full of hatred because of her so called betrayal.

"Haru Ai, former assistant coach of Teikō. How nice to know that she is not dead. It would have been a shame for a cute girl like her", Kirisaki Daīchi's captain said with a smirk while he supported his head by putting his hand on his cheek and watching the said girl.

The power forward of the team whose eyes were covered by his purple bangs popped a gum bubble he had blown and formed a satisfied smile on his lips as he continued to chew on his mint flavoured gum. "Her legs are pretty", he commented shamelessly and gazed at her skinny limbs.

Their orange haired team member smirked slightly and his small eyes showed happiness when he saw Ai sweetly laughing at one of Izuki's puns. "She seems to be cheerful."

A guy whose eyes resembled those of a dead fish didn't say anything and watched the team with his creepy eyes while the sleepyhead of the team was taking a nap like always with his sleeping mask on.

The team's captain snickered devilishly and his greyish brown eyes met Ai's grey ones when she got up from the bench and turned around to leave with her team after their victory.

His laughter died down almost immediately and was replaced by an arrogant and wide smirk when the two exchanged eye contact for a few seconds before Ai turned her head away and continued walking.

"She looks stupid and naive. We'll use her innocence for good", the Uncrowned King said with widened eyes from satisfaction and got up to leave with his team too as Shūtoku's and Kirisaki Daīchi's players left the court, with the final score not being a very big surprise.