Chapter 4 - Old times

Hello! How are you guys? I actually could be better because my leg is bandaged due to an injury I have gotten while playing basketball. Well, shit happens.

I wanted to tell you that this chapter has a lot of direct speech, but it couldn't be prevented. I hope that you'll still like it. ☺

"I'm sorry about yesterday, Ryō-kun. I'm sorry for shouting at you. I actually felt really guilty and couldn't sleep because of that... I still haven't got an idea why you would love someone like me, but you didn't ever lie to me, so I'll believe you. I have always trusted you and I hope that a few things can be like they were in the old times one day. You know, the fun we two had... I would be lying if I say that I don't miss the old times... I might not look like I do, but I swear that I didn't choose this. I had to leave you and the others because- Forget about it... What I want to say is... I might act like I hate people and try to keep a distance from them, but... but I don't really want to be like this. Please help me to change."

These were the words that Ai forced out of her to tell Kise what was going on in her mind. He listened to her words carefully and smiled brightly with widened eyes when she was finished. He got up from the bench he was sitting on and walked to the embarrassed girl who was looking down when she realized what she had said a short while ago.

'What the... What did I just say? This wasn't me right now...', she thought and mentally slapped herself.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt two warm fingers under her chin that gently lifted it up to face the golden eyes of the handsome boy.

"Please listen to me, Ai-cchi. First, you don't need to be sorry about anything. You just let your feelings free, and that's the best thing to do. Second, I don't like that you stayed up all night. Don't ever do this again because it isn't good for your health. Third, I will list you all of the reasons I have to love you. Each of them, don't you worry. I'm happy that you still believe me, I appreciate that a lot. Fourth, the old times WILL turn back. Be sure of that, I will see your adorable smile and hear your catching laughter again. I will do anything for that. Fifth, don't ever think that you are guilty. I should be the one to feel guilty because I wasn't there for you, even if I knew that you were alive. But transferring was the best decision you could have made back then because it gave you the chance to get away from us and it gave me the chance to understand the mistakes I have made. Sixth and last, you don't need to change, I love you either way and I always will. But if it makes you feel happier and more comfortable, then I will help you of course. I will always be there for you. That's the least I can do for you after the things I have done to you, -ssu."

Ai's mouth was opened in shock and her grey eyes widened drastically.

'Wow... Is this really the Kise I've known?'

The next thing that Kise saw was a shining liquid running down her reddened cheeks, and he fastly wiped it away with his thumbs when he noticed it. "Thank you...", she said with a soft and beautiful smile, making Kise smile back.

"I don't know if it's the right time to say this, Ai-cchi... But I have to inform you about that", Kise began as the two were sitting on the bench. About 15 minutes have passed and they spent the time with looking at each other and smiling.

Yeah, I know what you are thinking right now. They acted and looked like a couple. But who knows if they will end up going out?

"Hm? What is it?", Ai asked while she looked up to the dark sky that had tiny and several stars lighting the court. It wasn't too quiet because of continuous dribbling of a basketball, sometimes even cheers when one person had scored.