Chapter 10.1 - Coach's plans

Words can not describe how hot Kagami is and how much I love him 😍

A little help:
Bold and italic - phone conversation

"From today on we won't practice on our own anymore, but with Shūtoku!", Aida said happily and the two teams didn't seem to be sharing the same emotion at all while standing opposite to each other. They were either sweatdropping or had nervous and obviously sarcastical grins on their faces, except Kuroko who had a blank look on his face, which he was known for having.

The first practice match was about to start and Ai sat down on a bench to ease the pain and pressure on her ankle. Kagami was getting ready for the match and was really motivated even though the opponent team annoyed him to hell, but Aida called out to him and walked towards him. She stopped a few meters in front of the tall boy and glanced over at Ai who was staring down at her from practice calloused hands.

'Now's the perfect chance...', the brunette thought as she mentally snickered triumphantly and gave herself a pat on the shoulder. "I want you and Haru-san to get us all something to drink. Run along the beach to the supermarket that is about 500 meters away from here. They'll most likely be heavy, so you two can bring the drinks one at a time."

Kagami's expression turned into a really displeased and demotivated one when he heard her name.

Both have broken the other one's heart unconsciously. Ai Kagami's with her acts and Kagami Ai's with his words.

"... Whatever...", he mumbled hesitatingly and walked to the bench with his expression displaying annoyance and anger. "We're going", he muttered without looking at Ai and the ravenette looked up at him with confusion in her eyes, but she got up and followed him out of the gym without asking him where they were going.

Kagami took off his shirt and threw it next to the front door before starting to run towards the beach, not even bothering if Ai could keep up with him, which she obviously couldn't because of her injury.

But she ran as fast as she could behind him and ignored the pain in her ankle because she wasn't brave enough to ask him to slow down. She thought that she didn't have the right to talk to him anymore, even though it wasn't really her fault, but she blamed herself for the argument the two had.

She blamed herself for simply everything.

Kagami got even more annoyed by the silence. He only heard the wind dashing over his body and face, and the fast steps of the two teenagers. She neither complained nor stopped once.

'Is she doing that because she is afraid that I'll scold her or leave her behind?', Kagami scoffed loudly as he parted his lips, not being aware that Ai was really suffering.

She had been biting her lip the whole time to not let out a yelp or scream; the taste of metall filled her mouth and she felt disgusted.

How pathetic.

Ai was afraid of telling him the truth he deserved to know and how she was feeling recently - anything but fine. But it seemed like telling the truth was the only way to save their friendship that was really important to her.

'Why do I still care anyway? It's not like he is going to believe me', she thinks to herself.

If only he had known the truth from the beginning...

Ai slightly opened her mouth when the two arrived in front of the housing and was ready to tell Kagami something that would ease the burden in her chest - no, she wanted to tell him everything she wasn't able to tell anyone.

But she shut her mouth again and looked down, not noticing that Kagami had secretly glanced down at her and saw the depressed expression she had on her face shortly.

Ai stepped forward to the door, knocked on it thrice and didn't have to wait long till it was opened by Aida. "Have fun with the next tour-", she began gleefully but gasped when she saw the many bags in Ai's and Kagami's hands.

'They've carried them... at once!?'

Ai stepped to the side and let a sweaty Kagami walk past her to carry the bags that he had in his hands to the gym. Aida looked at the ravenette in concern, but she put on a smile and limped past the coach to carry the other cans to the hall.

'It didn't work...'

Ai sighed as she was standing in front of the accommodation while everyone else was having dinner. She told them that she wasn't hungry and wanted to catch some fresh air outside.

The phone in her pocket suddenly began to vibrate when she stepped outside and she sighed once again when she saw that it was her boyfriend.

'CALLER ID: AOMINE'

Ai picked up the phone with an annoyed expression and didn't notice that Midorima and Takao just happened to open the door to practice a bit outdoors, but they stayed inside and decided to eavesdrop on the phone call of the ravenette she had with the to them unknown person.

"What do you want?", she snarled annoyedly and made Takao wince while Midorima narrowed his eyes and pushed up his glasses.

"I wanted to ask my girlfriend how she is doing. Is that a crime?", he asked with a yawn and made Ai shake her head.

"I'm okay, nothing special. I know that you didn't call me because of that. You would be reading your dirty magazines right now instead of calling me if you didn't have something important to tell me."

The two emphasized words made Midorima realize that it was Aomine who Ai was talking to. But it got worse.

"What the hell? Who allowed you to talk to me like that? Do I have to remind you that I could call Akashi and Murasakibara so that you can meet them as soon as possible? Don't act rude, or I'll make you regret it", the ace of Tōō growled and made Ai freeze.

He had a point. That dirty blackmailer...

Ai would meet the two sooner or later anyway, she knew this, but the later the better for her. She wasn't ready to face them yet.

She gulped down the lump in her throat and forced a nervous chuckle while thinking about what to answer.

Her following words made the two eavesdropping males almost gasp, even without Takao knowing that it was Aomine on the other line. But that wasn't necessary.

"Im sorry, Dai-kun. I'm doing fine and hope that my b-boyfriend does too..."

-

I don't even know what I am writing anymore...? Like, I've got the feeling that my story is starting to lose it's quality. Or did it never have any? 🤔

Please comment to let me know and vote if you liked the chapter. ☺

The next update will probably be in a few weeks because of exams and stuff.