Chapter 13 - Real team

I finally got to update again!

Kagami blocked Midorima and prevented him from throwing a three pointer, which was revealed to be done on purpose by the Shooting Guard to tire the redhead.

Meanwhile in the audience, Momoi just arrived to watch the match and she saw Kise who was deepened in the match. She immediately walked towards him to stand next to him. "How is the match going?", the pinkette asked curiously while the two had their eyes on the match concentratedly.

"Shūtoku has found a technique to tire Kagami-cchi. It currently looks difficult for Seirin", he answered briefly and the girl frowned. "I see. Have you talked to Ai-chan yet?", she asks, a sad yet hopeful tone in her voice.

She expected that the blonde had already apologized for his words or planned to do so soon. For the words that had broken Ai's heart.

"I used you to forget about her! Let everyone hear all of this! I never loved you and I was happy when I heard that you died! Such a shame that you are still alive!"

Momoi didn't think that the others were innocent, especially Aomine who practically caused all of this, but she wanted at least one of them to man up, apologize for his behavior and be by her side. And she thought that Kise was perfect for this since Ai used to have a huge crush on her.

But that obviously didn't seem to be the case.

Kise opened his mouth to say something, but he shut it again. He glanced down at Momoi who winced at his serious expression. "I don't want to talk about her right now."

The manager of Tōō lowered her head sadly and nodded slowly before her gaze wandered to Seirin's bench, to Ai sitting on it with a pained expression on her face. Her ankle injury was a freaking pain in the ass.

The blonde's mood was completely down during the entire match. He neither talked nor smiled once. Momoi watched him glare down at Ai's figure the whole time.

In the beginning of the third quarter, the score is 45-43 for Seirin, but Midorima continued to use his technique of tiring Kagami with faking shoots and passing to his teammates afterwards.

This gave Seirin a really hard time and the team was indeed in trouble. "If we can't stop them, we'll have to score more than them!", Hyūga shouted to his teammates.

Ai noticed a really big change in Midorima. He actually relied on his teammates, which he hasn't ever done before. He had rarely passed to his teammates before, he always used to throw three pointers and score by himself.

'Midorima relies on his teammates... Shūtoku has gotten a real team!'

Kuroko was benched by Aida to get ready for preparing his new move. This gave Shūtoku the opportunity of catching up, which they also succeeded at doing. Kagami wasn't able to jump anymore really soon and Kuroko stood up from the bench at the perfect timing, signalizing that he was ready to be switched in.

"I'm ready to perform my new drive", he announced and is subbed in shortly after. He performed his new drive and managed to make Seirin score 8 points. The light blue haired phantom even managed to surpass Takao and Midorima with his new move.

The third quarter ended with a draw of 76-76 and the last quarter began with Seirin being ordered to use one of the techniques they were known for: their run-and-gun style.