Chapter 4.2 - Preliminaries

Hey guys, I'm sorry that the chapter is late.
I spent the last days with learning, sports and going to the doctor. It's really stressful and not over yet, but it will be soon.
Please enjoy the chapter!

The day of the match against Shinkyō had arrived. This match was for the Interhigh preliminary and the team trained really hard since they had one player who was really tall. 2 meters high, to be exact. His name was Papa Mbaye Siki, but Kuroko came up with the nickname Dad.

Taiga was trained by Mitobe for this match since latter was taller than Kagami and he tought him how to get past someone on the court who is bigger than him. Seirin was ready for the match and the other team was still waiting for their last and probably best player to arrive.

"Haru, do you know him or why is he staring at you? I mean the one from their team with the number 4", Aida asked curiously as the two sat on Seirin's bench. Ai raised her head a short time later and her green orbs met his olive-coloured ones. She broke the eye contact and looked at her coach a short time later, shaking her head. "I don't know him. I'm sure that he's only curious", she replied and looked down again, obviously not interested if she was being watched or whatever.

"Hey, my name's Yūsuke Tanimura and I'm the captain of Shinkyō. You must be Hyūga-san!", a voice spoke while the boys were stretching and Ai looked up to see the boy from earlier again who had stared at her, according to Aida at least. Hyūga nodded and shook the boy's hand.

"Did you guys defeat Kaijō?", he asked and the spectacle wearer nodded again. Tanimura's friendly expression turned into a provoking smirk.

"Then the Generation of Miracles isn't a big deal as we thought", he said and Ai got angry at that comment. How did he dare to say anything like that!? The Generation of Miracles played in a complete different league! And he indirectly insulted Seirin too!

"My, my. What are you so angry about, cutie?", the brunette provoked the quiet girl and smirked before he walked to Dad who had finally arrived. Ai cracked her knuckles and her neck to calm down and she innerly hoped that Seirin would eliminate them. Man, seeing Ai being really angry was a rare sight.

Seirin was overwhelmed by Dad's height, but they didn't give up and the final score was 67-79, Seirin had won with the help of their teamwork and Kuroko's misdirection.

Shinkyō's players regreted to have underestimated the winners. They had believed in winning because they had Dad in their team and they hadn't thought about losing.

After this match, Seirin had three other matches that they won without big difficulties. The first one was against Jitsuzen and the final score was 118-51, the next one was against Kinga and the score was 92-71 and the last one was against Meijō. They turned out to be the thugs from last time and Seirin won 108-41.

"It's going so well! If it continues like that, we'll easily pass the preliminaries to the championship!", Furihata exclaimed confidently and Izuki sighed. "How naive you guys are...", he said and Koganei lowered his head. "It must be nice to be so young and carefree...", he said and Mitobe nodded with a serious expression.

"The same schools of Tokyo made it to the championship in the past ten years. The king of the east, Shūtoku. The king of the west, Senshinkan and the king of the north, Seihō. Each of them is in the same level and that's the reason why the winner changes every year, but they don't let any other team get a better place than fourth. After our fifth game is the semi-final and then the finals. We'll most likely confront the king of the east in the finals", Hyūga explained and Aida nodded.

"Shūtoku, the team with one of the Generation of Miracles, Midorima Shintarō", the captain continued and Taiga breathed in excitement. "But you did it to the championship last year too, right!?", Kawahara asked hopefully and looked at the second years. "Yeah, but we didn't stand a chance", Hyūga stated and Taiga gritted his teeth nervously. "The three kings...", he repeated, but got interrupted.

"They're here!", someone shouted and everyone turned their heads to the entrance of the gymnase. "It's better if you watch it instead of just hearing it", Aida said thoughtfully and the team saw a bunch of boys entering the gym.

"First years, you will see something amazing! They say that they even play better this year!", the coach said as she got up and Ai's eyes immediately caught sight of the green haired male with glasses who was walking in with his team.

-

Hahaha hell yeah, I'm crushing on Yūsuke Tanimura, even if he acted like a little bitch back then. But I mean, you gotta admit that he's hot!

 But I mean, you gotta admit that he's hot!

This is him, by the way ^

Also, look who is there~ Midorima finally arrived!