Chapter 5.1 - Explanation

Is anyone else obsessed with Takao's hair and his eyes, or just with everything of him?~ ♡

And thank you for almost 2K reads! Please vote or comment on the chapters, that would make me even happier. :)

Ai froze at the question while Takao tilted his head in confusion with a question mark above it. He didn't get anything what Midorima was talking about. But he wanted to know it and was really curious on the one side, but he didn't want to bother Ai with asking her so many questions on the other side. He would find out a few things from his green haired teammate anyway.

"I can't really answer that... It would be easier if you guess", she answered a while later with her gaze directed to the ground and Midorima watched her. He knew who she was afraid of. He knew it very well. But he had hoped that she might have forgotten to be afraid of them since she hadn't seen them for a long time, which didn't seem to be the case.

"I don't get a word, but please start explaining now that Shin-chan's question is answered!", Takao begged as he slowly got desperate and the girl nodded while shortly smiling at his dorkness.

"Where should I begin? Well, I was the assistant coach of Teikō's basketball team, that's why I know the Generation of Miracles very well. One day, I decided to transfer to another school, and exactly on the same day was a newspaper article of a girl who had committed suicide. Newspaper publishers aren't allowed to reveal minors' names or pictures, so everyone thought that I was dead. And my first name is Ai, my second one is Haru, but I prefer latter", Ai resumed as short as she could with a few lies here and there. Ai hated lying, but doing that was necessary.

Takao was more than surprised at that story. He wanted to know the reason why she had decided to transfer to another school because no one would just transfer without having a firm reason, but he didn't want to ask her a question that may sadden her, so he thought about other ones he could ask her without startling her.

Midorima heard the pain in her voice and saw the sadness in her face. It saddened him too and he felt his chest getting tighter as he remembered what he had done to her. He too couldn't do anything than watch like Kise, but he didn't only do that. He had to hold her limbs together and force them still when one of the others was up to something and he had to ignore her begging looks and tears.

He cursed himself for having done that to her, to the first and hopefully last girl he fell in love with.

"Tarō-kun, you don't need to feel guilty or anything like that. I moved on a long time ago and left the past behind. I actually didn't think that I would meet any of you guys again and I don't know what I feel about the few others, but you definitely aren't included. And... maybe that year just wasn't a really lucky year for Aquarius born people? You didn't change in my eyes, Tarō-kun. I like you for who you are, it's nice to know that you are still obsessed with lucky items and Oha Asa. I also still find your Tsundere personality adorable!", Ai said to cheer Midorima up when she noticed that a gloomy and pensive aura that was surrounding him.

Takao still didn't get anything, but he chuckled at the reaction of his teammate. Midorima looked away and blushed hardly at the compliments he had just received from the girl. "S-Shut up, nanodayo...", he stuttered and the raven haired girl chuckled silently with the hawk eyed boy.

Ai took out her phone and glanced at the screen to stand up from the rock she sat on. "It's already 4:40! I'm going to be late if I don't hurry! See you guys- But wait, let me give you my number incase we need to contact each other", she shouted the first two sentences and calmed down afterwards. Takao and Midorima nodded and they fastly exchanged numbers with Ai before she said goodbye again and finally left for Seirin's next match. The two males watched her run away and Takao sighed with a smile, then turned to Midorima.

"Tell me, Shin-chan", he said and poked the side of said male, only to receive a usual glare from him. "Spit it out", he demanded while he got up and walked towards the station, with Takao following behind him. "You love her, don't you?", he asked and sounded more serious than ever. Midorima looked forwards and adjusted his glasses.

He indeed loved her, but he wasn't going to change his personality because of that. Ai wouldn't like it at all, she even liked his Tsundere personality, so he was always going to keep it. And this was one of the things he loved about the cute girl. She accepted him and his personality more than anyone else and even complemented his personality that most people find annoying or whatever.

"I-I don't... I also don't see a reason why this should concern you, nanodayo", he replied snootily and Takao smiled with closed eyes after he finally caught up to his teammate.
"I see. Let's go, Shin-chan."

Yeah, it looked like Takao too might develop feelings for this girl one day, but he wouldn't ever fight or argue with Midorima because of that. They were buddies after all, even if Midorima was difficult to deal with almost all of the time and Takao would tease him because of his personality.

Ai was still running towards the gym where the next match would take place. Only 5 minutes were left and she knew that she would be screwed if she was going to be late. The black phone she was holding in her hand began to ring and she answered it without looking at the screen while she continued to run.

"Hello?"

-

Aye, that was the chapter for today! I love Midorima and Takao so much together, it looks like Midorima hates Takao, but they are brothers for life. (◡‿◡✿)
See you!