Chapter 11.2 - Murasakibara Atsushi

Prepare for mostly comedy in this chapter.

"Sorry. Could you wait just a second~?", the lazy voice of the interrupter sounded and made everyone look at him in awe because he had just casually placed a candy bar on the basketball. And, because he was freaking tall!

He suddenly walked over to Ai who was anxiously standing behind the grid where the other people were standing and eyed her carefully. "Ai-chin~", he said with a childish smile and brought both of his arms over the grid to the ravenette's waist after dropping the basketball that was in his hands. He lifted the scared girl up and carried her over so that she was very close to him, of course still being held up by him.

'What is he trying to do?', everyone thought and Ai slightly squirmed under his grip, avoiding his sharp gaze.

"I missed you, Ai-chin~", he slowly said and pulled Ai closer to his upper body to hug her, squeezing her body so tightly that she felt like her organs were about to come out. His hug was even tighter than Kise's ones.
"L-Let me go...", the girl whispered in fear as tears of despair filled her eyes and she made the purple haired giant put her down to the ground where her legs gave in and made her fall to the ground with terrified eyes.

Her comrades, including Himuro and excluding Kagami of course, immediately asked her if she was okay and the referee offered to help her while other people watched in concern. She only nodded as she was still in a shocked state and accepted the help of the guy to help her up, not being able to talk or think.

The corners of Kagami's mouth suddenly quirked up in excitement as he remembered the boy he had seen once and again completely ignored the state Ai was in.

'This guy is the Generation of Miracles' Center, Murasakibara!'

"I thought you weren't coming. Anyway, why is she shocked to see you? Where do you know her from and why did she fall down?", Himuro asked his teammate with slight concern in his voice as he shortly glanced over at Ai who stared to the ground with her legs wobbling like jello.

"Actually, it's your fault for changing our meeting place at the last second", Murasakibara replied and took a short break to take out a bag of chips from the bag he had been carrying with himself. "I only came because you said you wanted to go sightseeing around Tokyo since you came back to Japan", he continued boredly and opened the bag, taking out a potato chip as he shot a lazy gaze at his friend. "But you're playing street ball", he said and chewed on the chip, making Himuro smile gently.

"Sorry, sorry. They said they were down a player, and it sounded like fun. But you didn't answer my other questions, Atsushi", the Shooting Guard replied and made the prodigy narrow his eyes slightly. "Too tiring to explain now", he said and shortly looked at Ai who slowly began to recover from her shock. But the pain in her ankle wouldn't go away, so she had to limp even more than usual.

'So Ai-chin didn't recover yet? I wonder if it hurts. It doesn't really matter, though...', the Center thought before turning his head to the other members of Seirin who had asked him if he played at the Interhigh. "No, I didn't play", he answered and bit into the next chip, making them gasp in curiousity.

"What!? Why not?"

"I don't know. I mean, the only reason I didn't play is because Aka-chin told me not to", he said and they looked confusedly as they heard the name. Ai, who had heard that, bit her bottom lip at the mention of the cruel and heterochromatic eyed captain of the team and decided to make the confusion decrease.

"It's Akashi. The former captain of the Generation of Miracles, Akashi Seijūro", she said silently, but loud enough for everyone to hear and everyone either reacted by gasping or looking at Ai in slight shock.

"Oh, I forgot. Muro-chin, we can't play in unofficial games. That's why I came here to stop you", the candy loving boy told his friend and made him look down in slight disappointment. "I see. That's a shame."
"Let's go."

And with that, the two boys turned around and were about to leave, if it wasn't for Kagami who grabbed Murasakibara by his shoulder. "Hey, wait. You can't just barge in here and leave like that. Stay a while and play", he said strictly. He was definitely not going to let a member of the Generation of Miracles leave so easily after encountering one.

But what Yōsen's player did afterwards shocked literally everyone.

"What's going on with your eyebrows? Why are they split in two?", he asked mockingly.
And guess what he did - he just tore off half of Kagami's eyebrow with his fingers!
This, of course, led to a goddamned disaster.

"Ow! What are you doing!?"
"They're so long."
"Are you listening to me!?"
"Huh? Say what?"
"I told you to play!"
"No, it's so tiring."

While the two still discussed, Kuroko told  the other first years of Murasakibara's childish behavior and him having a screw loose when it came to everything beside basketball, shortly, him being an idiot.

"Oh, shut up. Muro-chin, let's go", the child-like guy said dully and they were about to leave again, but Kagami formed a smug smile on his face and alarmed Ai that she should say something before anything bad would happen.

"Uhm, T-Taiga, I think we should leave it like that. We can't force him after all, can we?", she asked as kindly as possible and yelped afterwards when she was taken aback by Kagami grabbing her arm and bruising it painfully with a lot of force. As if this wasn't enough, he threateningly growled something in her ear to make her twitch in fear.

"I warn you, don't ever interfere in my life again!"

Himuro and Murasakibara immediately stopped and turned around because of the pained sound Ai let out, making both glare at the redhead. "Did you just hurt my Ai-chin? You better not touch her again, or I'll crush you...", latter growled menacingly and made Kagami let go of her thin and pale arm with a loud scoff.

Ai had enough of this. She ran off anywhere to get rid of the tears of humiliation and pain that started to run down her cheeks while she ran to a bench and slumped down there, covering her face with her hands to burst out crying there on her own.

'Why... Why does it always have to be me?'

-

I feel like everyone from the GoM (except Midorima) acted like dicks when they saw Ai again. Are they too OOC?
I need your opinions :|