Chapter 7.2 - Late appearance

Aomine's smirk/smile/whatever gives my messed up life a meaning lol. Enjoy the new chapter!

Ai was sitting on the bench with a blank expression and her cold eyes directed to the ground. The Interhigh preliminaries' final league was going to begin with Seirin vs. Tōō and the players were warming up.

Aomine hadn't shown up yet and made Momoi and Wakamatsu upset while the others stayed calm. He said that he overslept and would arrive in the second quarter when the pink haired manager called him to ask him about his whereabouts. The pinkette's eyes were on Ai the whole time and she was jealous again, just like she had always been back then at Teikō, while the members of Tōō were admiring the beauty of the silent girl the whole time while they threw baskets. They thought that it was a shame that such a cute girl like her was a student of Seirin and their assistant coach.

'Everything is perfect about her. Her long hair, her amazing eyes, her skin colour and her figure. Literally everything...', the manager of Tōō thought in fury and Ai noticed the eyes that were staring daggers at her. She didn't get bothered by them though and didn't care if they were staring at her the whole time. She was used to it anyway. 

Kise and Midorima arrived at the gym too and were standing behind the last row after the green haired Tsundere had failed to hide his identity with a pair of black sunglasses. Well, at least he tried. They saw Ai's nervous state and didn't say anything about it since they could understand how she felt. They didn't know the details of what Aomine had done to her, but they were aware of how he had treated her back then.

"Haru-san, can you hand me the notes of Tōō's players? I need them for a strategy", Aida's voice sounded and the girl finally raised her head to reveal her eyes that looked dangerous to the other team's eyes.
They gasped at the greyness of her eyes and Harasawa eyed the girl while he twirled a curl between his index finger and thumb as Ai handed several sheets of full-written papers to the coach.
(A/N:  Am I the only one who thinks that he is weird as hell?)

She had stayed up really long the night before to get all the information together, but it was worth it and it wasn't like she needed or got much sleep or anything like that.

"Who is that girl?", he asked the pink haired girl next to him who was holding a clipboard near her chest. "Haru Ai, the former assistant coach of Teikō and current assistant coach of Seirin. She has the ability of finding out anything about someone, even without any sources, and she is great at inventing tacticts and strategies. She used to play basketball in her free time, but she retired due to an injury", she explained and the team listened to her, getting shocked at the first two words the manager spoke.

"Did you just say Ai Haru? She died almost three years ago!", Wakamatsu yelled and his teammates agreed with him confusedly. "It was a big misunderstanding. But one thing is obvious: she definitely won't go easy on us."

The match began about ten minutes later and Sakurai from Tōō was the one who got the first three points in this match. Ai had told Seirin to get a big lead if possible since the team's ace wasn't there, but she also warned them that they shouldn't do the mistake with underestimating the team.

"Please go easy on us. Compared to Aomine, we are just a supporting act", Tōō's captain Imayoshi said with a closed eyed smile and made Hyūga scoff. 'A supporting act? What the hell is he talking about!? Haru is right, we shouldn't underestimate them!', he thought and Ai watched the opponents' every single step.

Even with Seirin giving everything they had to take the lead before their ace would arrive, Tōō had the upper hand of the match. But they didn't give up and caught up so that the score gap was slowly closing with the score being 21-25.

"Aida-senpai, Taiga is injured", Ai informed the coach seriously before she could even notice it with her Scan Ability. He is fastly called out by the referee after Aida informed him and Ai taped his feet so that he could play again. Tōō was able to open the gap with eight points difference in that time. "I'm finished. You can play again", Ai said and Taiga was about to run back to the court again after thanking the girl with a motivating grin, but everyone got surprised as an arm was loosely wrapped around his shoulders.

"That's it, show some spirit so you can entertain me, even if a little", the newcomer said with a smirk on his lips and Taiga yanked off the male's arm once he noticed who it was.

"Aomine, you bastard!", he shouted angrily and the teammates of said male greeted him, some angry others because of his delay and the others glad that their ace had finally arrived to finally finish this match.

"I'll just play for our little bet", he said as he shot a smirk at Ai and took off his jacket, throwing it to his team's manager.

-

I'm sorry that this chapter was a bit shorter than the others, but I wanted to end it at exact this scene where Aomine appeared because it's a perfect end, you know?

Speaking of Aomine...
He's finally in the house! Let me tell you one thing: Shit is about to go down.