Chapter 7.1 - Defeat

Hi there. I'm sorry that this chapter is a bit late, but I'm not feeling well lately. Please enjoy it anyway :)

"Regret? Who the hell are you?", Taiga growled with furrowed eyebrows and Ai backed away from the upcoming thunder. Two monsters. It was obvious that this was going to end as a freaking disaster.

"Aomine Daiki. Now let's start, I need someone to entertain me", the member of Tōō replied and Kagami widened his eyes. Okay, he really didn't expect to meet another Miracle after such a short time on the one side, but it made him all fired up on the other side. He was injured and needed to rest, but he didn't want to use a stupid excuse to miss this opportunity. His goal was to defeat the Generation of Miracles after all. He was also pretty pissed off at the fact that the Miracle made fun of Ai, so he wanted to pay him back with destroying him in a one-on-one.

The two got ready and Taiga had the basketball, he bounced it down and up with his hand and ran towards the hoop in a fast pace, but Aomine stole the ball in a split second and prevented Taiga from running any further. He didn't even give the redhead the chance to defend and dunked the ball into the hoop another split second later.

Kagami was shocked at how fast it happened, his eyes were widened and Ai looked away.

"How disappointing. Your light is too weak", Aomine scolded the defeated male and got ready to leave. But he stopped when he got a great idea and smirked widely. "Let's make a bet. If you guys win the match, I'll leave her alone, but if you guys lose, she will belong to me", he said with his deep voice and Ai gasped.

Hell no. Taiga was definitely going to accept the bet. Not that Ai thought that Seirin will lose or anything, but Ai knew Aomine and she realized that his skills got even better than they have already been before. This was really bad and Ai wasn't sure if they would have a chance to win.

"I accept the bet" The reply came as quick like a shot and the girl bit her lower lip. The navy blue haired boy just knew that Taiga would accept the bet and he also knew that he would win this match. The only one who could beat him was him, after all.

Aomine left with a smirk on his lips and silence surrounded the two teenagers who were standing far away from each other. Ai wasn't angry at Taiga for accepting the bet because he was really strong and a very good player too, but the bad feeling didn't leave the raven haired girl's mind.

'She will belong to me.'

That means that he would touch and meet her whenever he would want to. He would do terrible things to her again. It was terrible enough to only think about it.

The anxious girl was so deepened in thoughts that she didn't notice Kagami coming closer to her and she cringed when he put his hand on her shoulder and looked down into her eyes. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?", he asked with a reassuring and concerned smile, still recovering from the defeat and Ai avoided his gaze while she put her small and cold hand on top of his to put his hand away, leaving him confused.

"He didn't", she said with her eyes still directed to the ground and walked to her school bag and basketball to pick them up. She wanted to leave. She needed to be alone to distract herself from all the thoughts that wouldn't leave her mind.

"I have to leave now. Tell Aida-senpai anything you want", she said and limped away with fast steps that damaged and hurt her ankle more, but she moved fastly so the male didn't even have a chance to ask what had happened to first, her ankle, and second, her.

The redhead was still confused, but he walked to the sports gym to watch the others and tell them that Ai left because she was ill. They were concerned but were distracted as they encountered Momoi, Tōō's manager who came to see her crush Kuroko.

Ai was running across the meadows in a forest near her house, with no one else being there because it was already 10 pm. The only light that was shining and giving the girl slight orientation was the full moon that radiated really bright light. Her sports clothes were soaked with sweat and her ankle was throbbing, but the girl needed to train her speed. The injury didn't matter to her, it was old anyway.

'Me and stopping to play basketball or any other sport? Basketball is one of the only things that give my life a meaning'.

She repeated these sentences over and over in her mind to forget the pain she was in. But the only pain wasn't the one from her injury. Her chest was burning, and Ai knew that it didn't mean anything good at all. She couldn't get away the bad feeling that Kagami was going to to lose this bet. She tried really hard to believe in Seirin and believe that they would win, but she didn't succeed.

The outcome was kinda obvious. Aomine would always get what he wanted.

They would always get what they wanted.

Aida soon found out that Taiga had a one-on-one against Aomine and she forbade him to lay a hand on a basketball till the match against Tōō, which angered him a lot, but he was a lot more worried about Ai.

'Why did she act like that? What business does she have with the Generation of Miracles and why doesn't she tell anyone about this? But most of all... What the hell did they do to her?'

-

Soo, the match is coming soon ;)
Anyone excited about what will happen afterwards?