Chapter 9 - Lie

Hello~ I will try to make this chapter as interesting as possible, please don't blame me if I fail :)

"I would like to clarify a few things. That's why I'm here. You can already imagine what, right?", Aomine asked with a loud sigh as he laid down on the sofa, crossed his legs and put his hands under the back of his head.

Ai looked down and gritted her teeth. Why didn't he understand that Ai simply wanted him to leave? She couldn't tell him because she wasn't a rude person and simply didn't have enough guts to talk like that to someone like Aomine. She sure as hell knew how it would end if she stood up against any of the Generation of Miracles.

'He is here to clarify a few things...? What could it be?'

She was so deepened in thoughts and her pensive expression didn't go unnoticed by Aomine. "What's with that face of yours? Get me something to eat, I'm hungry", he demanded sleepily and closed his eyes, making Ai go to the kitchen and lean against the counter.

'I will just tell him that I don't want to talk to him and he should understand that, right? It's not so difficult...', she thought nervously as she grabbed a plate of noodles from the day before and heated it up in the microwave. She put a fork and a glass of juice onto the serving tray and walked back to the living room to put the tray on the table next to the resting male.

The raven haired girl looked at Aomine till he opened his eyes and sat up to eat the food she had served him enjoyingly and slowly. "How have you been?", he asked after he finished and smirked at Ai who had a blank look on her face. She really didn't know what to say or how to act.

Long story short, she was fucking afraid.
She cursed at herself for being such a coward around them.

"C-Can we talk another time? I don't really feel like talking right now", she asked softly, ignoring his question, which made Aomine angry. She slowly began to regret what she said after she remembered what Momoi had warned her about.

'He gets angrier than you think he does...'

He got up from the sofa and walked towards her with an angry expression that turned into his crazy and arrogant smirk. "Someone's moody, huh? But it's not really a surprise since your team was destroyed by me~", he cooed with a chuckle as he lifted her chin with one finger and made Ai flinch and back away terrifiedly.

"D-Don't touch me!", she shouted, her eyes now full of fury, only making the male scoff. He began to lose his temper. Who was she to talk to him like that? Even if he had to hurt her, he won't let his girlfriend treat him like that. Even if he had feelings for her, he didn't give a damn about how she felt.

"Don't touch me? Do you want me to remind you of who is standing in front of you? You have to face the consequences if you lost the fucking bet!", he snarled and harshly grabbed Ai's cheeks to shut her up.

She trembled and tried to slap his hand away because it hurt, but he fastly took his other hand and grabbed both of her gloved hands to make her wince in pain. He then eyed her hands in curiousity and squeezed them a bit more.

"Hah? Why are you wearing gloves? Trying to hide anything from me, your boyfriend?", the tall boy asked curiously and let go of her cheeks to tear off the gloves she was wearing, not giving Ai the chance of stopping him. He was way too strong.

"My, my... Was someone angry?", he questioned and squeezed the fresh wounds on her knuckles to make her try to yank her hands away from him, what she succeeded at a while later.

"It's none of your business! Just go away, leave and don't ever talk to me again! I... I can't stand the sight of you!", Ai screamed and took a few steps back for safety.

Aomine was serious at first, but his emotionless expression turned into a sadistic smirk, his dark blue eyes flashed up in the dim light and he slowly approached Ai. She was really scared.

"D-Don't get any closer!", the girl warned him fearfully as she stood at the other side of the kitchen table and bit her lower lip in fear. "Calm the hell down...", the navy blue haired boy growled and he caught the girl just when she tried to run upstairs and lock herself in her room.

"Sit down and listen!", he demanded strictly after he roughly threw her onto the sofa and stood in front of her. "I don't fucking care if you transfer to Tōō or stay at Seirin. But there are a lot of things I forbid you to do. I heard that you are pretty close to Kise, Kagami and Midorima. I hope that you are aware that you can't do what you want anymore, aren't you?", Aomine began and Ai looked up at him, shaking her head.

"I-I don't know what you are talking about. Ryō-kun and Tarō-kun are good friends, some of the only ones I still have!", she said with a sad tone in her voice and the magazine obsessed boy chuckled.

"Friends? Sure. I remember that you have had feelings for Kise... But he never felt the same towards you because he was in love with another girl... Ah, I think that you didn't know this, did you? Then let me explain it to you", he explained mockingly and made Ai widen her eyes confusedly.
"W-What are you talking about...?"

"How I said, Kise had a girlfriend, but Haizaki destroyed their relationship with stealing her away from him and getting together with her after Kise lost to him again. I don't know how you could miss an event like that, but you were only a replacement for her. You never noticed it because you were head over heels with him, but Kise didn't ever love you. If he told you that he loves you or whatsoever, it is nothing more than a crappy lie to wrap you around his finger", he continued and slowly got up from the sofa to leave.

Ai's eyes were still widened in shock; she couldn't believe what she had just heard.

'No way... Even Ryō-kun...?'

Flashback:
"First, you don't need to be sorry about anything. You just let your feelings free, and that's the best thing to do.

Second, I don't like that you stayed up all night. Don't ever do this again because it isn't good for your health.

Third, I will list you all of the reasons I have to love you. Each of them, don't you worry. I'm happy that you still believe me, I appreciate that a lot.

Fourth, the old times WILL turn back. Be sure of that, I will see your adorable smile and hear your catching laughter again. I will do anything for that.

Fifth, don't ever think that you are guilty. I should be the one to feel guilty because I wasn't there for you, even if I knew that you were alive. But transferring was the best decision you could have made back then because it gave you the chance to get away from us and it gave me the chance to understand the mistakes I have made.

Sixth and last, you don't need to change, I love you either way and I always will. But if it makes you feel happier and more comfortable, then I will help you of course. I will always be there for you. That's the least I can do for you after the things I have done to you, -ssu."

Ai realized that she couldn't be able to love Kise again the first time she saw him after two years, but she didn't expect him to be capable of doing such a thing to her. To play with her feelings and even lying to her about that.

So everything he said was... a bunch of lies?

The smiles and compliments he gave her were faked.

Everything. Literally everything.

'They didn't change... Not even Ryō-kun... I thought that two years were more than enough for them to realize their mistake, but none of them seemed to have even cared about me... I was so wrong...'

-

Well, this chapter turned out a little longer than I expected it to be.

And here you go: Aomine messed up one more thing! But Kise messed up too, a lot to be honest. But it will all be explained more detailed soon.

I honestly wanted to update next week since my last chapter doesn't have that many reads yet 🤔 But whatever. It's my birthday anyway soon 🤗 Idk where all of you are living, but in Germany it's my birthday tomorrow (4th July). ❤

See you in the next chapter 😊