Chapter 1

[A/N:] Hi everyone! Thanks to your wonderful feedback, here is the sequel to A Change of Heart! Thank you for supporting me and all the love ❤️❤️

"Can we take a break?!" I exclaim loudly before collapsing onto the large box beside me. I was hot and sweaty, and in need of a serious break.

"We've barely moved anything." My twin brother Austin says to me as he places a box onto the floor.

I blanch at him with my eyes wide. "Says you!"

"Just take a break, Zuri. We've got the rest." My step-father Gregg tells me as he wipes the sweat from his face with a rag.

"Yes, anything to get her to stop complaining." My older brother Aaron says with an eye roll. He brings a large box inside the room and drops it onto the floor besides Austin.

"Oh, well I'm sorry I'm not equipped to help people move." I grimace.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hated moving things? Especially in hot, humid, 90 degree weather? This was not the life I was wanted to live but sadly was forced to.

Since summer was coming to a close, Aaron was going back to college. He is moving into one of the student apartment complexes on his school's campus so now we are all here in New York City helping him move in. And let me tell you, it's so exhausting!

But then again, we were here in New York City for a few different reasons. The first reason (which is most obvious) is because we have to help Aaron move in to his apartment. The second reason is simply because my family wanted to hang out here for two weeks and do some sightseeing and fun stuff. And lastly, since Aaron's former roommate and current best friend Remy graduated in May, Remy got a promotion from his internship here in the city. Apparently he's having this lavish party tomorrow night that we're all invited to and he asked Aaron if I would play a few songs on the piano for the night.

His roommate knew that I was pianist and apparently thought I was talented enough. And when Aaron first asked me, I was taken aback. According to Remy, he had hired a small orchestra to come and perform for the night, but they wouldn't be able to come until about an hour or so into the party. And that's where I am supposed to fill in. I didn't think I was that great to be paid to play, but hey. We're already here, so why not?

I am nervous because I've never done anything like this before. Sure I've played at recitals (not to mention I just did another recital in May), but I never did it for a special occasion like someone's party. But I was also excited about it. I love playing the piano so I actually felt honored that he picked me, an amateur, to play at his party. I will be performing a total of four or five selections that I have been practicing for the past month. Usually, I take a break from the piano for the summer, but obviously I couldn't do that.

I brought my keyboard with me to practice, but I know that won't be for a while. Aaron has so many things, so we've been moving boxes all day. All I wanted to do was to go back to our hotel, take a nice shower, and follow up with a nap. But I had a huge feeling that wasn't going to happen any time soon.

After my break, I finished helping them bring in the last few things. Everyone seems to want to collapse from the heat and exhaustion by the time we are finished, except my mother. She happily sat and watched us all bring things in which was so unfair. But she did go get us some food that should be here soon. So for the time being, I sit on the couch and watch as the three guys discuss where Aaron plans to put things around the place.

When my mother finally arrives, the four of us head for the food like savages and quickly claim our things. I grab my chicken wrap and salad and sit on the carpet floor so I can dig in. We all make light conversation as we eat our lunch.