Chapter 26

I wake up the next morning to the warm sun in my face. I frown because I must have forgotten to close my curtains last night. I look over and see that Raven and Brianna were still sound asleep. Well, Brianna's snoring was actually pretty loud but still.

Somehow the three of us managed to fit on my full sized mattress even though we are really close together. I could feel my body sweating from being trapped in the blankets and I knew there was no way I was able to fall back asleep now that I am awake. I glance over at the clock and see that it was a quarter after 11. I softly try to climb out of the bed so that I don't wake anyone and decide that I need a shower.

As I am taking my hot shower, I think about last night's events. I had a feeling that Brianna would've been the one to get extremely drunk, but I tried to not let it get to me because she was having fun. It's not like I didn't know she would drink last night, but I didn't think she would get as crazy as she was.

Lord only knows what she was doing before I found her and I am thankful that I did find her at the time that I did. I realized that although I didn't initially want to go, it was kind of nice to get out and do something. The only thing that is still bothering me is the way Malcolm acted. He was supposed to find Brianna.

Instead he was getting wasted. And then when he and his friends came over he was cheering on the guy who was doing body shots off of his girlfriend. And not only that, but when the boy was trying to take Brianna away to do whatever he wanted with her, Malcolm was actually encouraging it. Encouraging someone to take his girlfriend!

I know I get angry a lot and like both Malcolm and Brianna said, I can be a bit uptight sometimes. But how could I not be angry about this?

Malcolm should be territorial about his girlfriend in some way. He couldn't have been that drunk to the point where his judgement was completely clouded by the booze. He went back into the house at least 10 minutes before I did and I have never seen anyone become belligerently drunk in less than 20 minutes.

And drunk or not, I know Zane would never let me do that. He would never allow another man to do what they wanted with me in front of him. Or even cheer me on for that matter. Sure everyone was having a good time. But when people are having too much of a good time to the point where others can't exactly give their consent, things can go very badly fairly quickly.

I wanted to let it slide because Malcolm did have alcohol, but it still didn't feel right inside. This needed to be addressed. And Brianna needs to know what her boyfriend did—or should I say didn't do.

After realizing that I was in the shower longer than anticipated, I decide to get out. I change into a comfortable pair of sweats and a t-shirt. When I get back to my room, I see that Raven is awake. She is still lying down on the bed and is concentrating on her phone.

"Well good morning." I announce.

"Morning." She replies before stretching and sitting up. She looks over at Brianna who was still asleep and snoring. "She's going to be out for a while."

I laugh. "That's what alcohol does to a person."

"So what do you think about last night? Better or worse than you expected?" Raven sits on the edge of the bed and places her phone in her lap.

"Both," I reply. "Better because despite the things that happened, the environment and the music were good. And you and I did have some fun."

"Yeah, we did." Raven agreed. "So besides the thing with Brianna gone wild, did anything happen while I was with Austin?"

"Oh, you know the norm. Will bothering me so Maia has to say something as well. But other than that, nothing else happened."

"What did Maia and Will say to you? And why am I never there when this shit happens?!" She looks annoyed before she laughs.