Chapter 10

"I love this weather," Raven says as she puts her sun glasses on.

"Me too." Brianna agrees and I nod my head as I take a sip of water.

It was a beautiful, sunny, hot day. Not to mention it was finally Friday and lunch time. Everyone was outside on the courtyard enjoying the nice weather. I was enjoying the heat from the sun that was warming my face since the air conditioning in the school was making me cold. It was just Brianna, Raven, and I who were outside hanging out. Malcolm and Maia claimed it was too hot and there was no shade, and Zane decided to leave and get food. He tried to get us to join him but we didn't want to. We wanted to just hang out here.

"So are we still hanging out tonight?" I ask them both. I definitely wanted to make up for lost time with my friends, especially since I didn't hang out with them last weekend.

"Of course," Raven nods. "Is it Bri's house this time?"

"Sure, why not?" She shrugs. "My parents left for their anniversary yesterday night."

"Great." Raven grins.

"I was thinking..." Brianna starts and she leans back. "Why don't we just make it a sleepover? We haven't had one in a while."

"Yeah, let's do that." I smile and agree. "But is it going to be just the three of us?"

"Well of course. Who else would be there?" She looks at me curiously.

I shrug and look down. "I don't know...I was just asking because we don't get much time for just the three of us."

I didn't want to admit it but I was just checking to see if Brianna was going to invite Maia. I did not want to spend my Friday night with her. I just wanted it to be the three of us. But I couldn't say that without explaining why. And I didn't want to make things awkward between everyone.

"It is just going to be us, Zuri. Don't worry; we're going to have fun." She places an assuring hand on my shoulder and smiles. "It's going to be a great time."

"We can even do karaoke since you love it so much." Raven suggests with a smirk.

"Even though you suck at it." Brianna adds, causing the three of us to giggle and I roll my eyes.

"You both love my singing voice." I tease.

"Sure we do..." Brianna says in a sarcastic way as she widens her eyes at Raven. I scoff and playfully hit her, causing her to laugh.

I was definitely looking forward to tonight with my best friends.

<>.<>.<>

After spending time playing Candy Land with Zola since it is her favorite game (and she would not let Zane and I go anywhere without a few games being played), Zane and I finally go up to his room. Zola definitely guilt tripped me into playing. And then, Zoë threw a fit over us doing what Zola wants and not what she wants (which Zane got angry with her because she was acting like a brat), so we gave in and played one of her favorite board games. Playing both games took up a lot of time and now I didn't have much time left to be with Zane before I had to leave. I had to leave Zane's house soon because I have to go home and pack my bag for the sleepover tonight.

"They're so annoying." Zane mutters as he closes his door behind him and switches his TV on.

"They're not so bad." I smile. I know his sisters mean no harm and they love spending time with their older brother.