Chapter 14

I wake up to the feeling of the warm sun on my bare back. My eyes flutter open and I notice that my head is resting on Zane's warm and bare chest. When I lean upwards to look at him, he is still sound asleep. I smile as I watch him quietly. He looked so relaxed as his dark hair is sprawled over his face. My eyes analyze his perfect face and I admire his beauty.

His thick eyebrows, long and dark eyelashes, his perfectly plump pink lips, and velvety smooth skin. How is it possible that he looks so angelic while he sleeps and I look the complete opposite? I wanted to reach out and touch him but I knew that it would wake him so I didn't. I probably look very creepy at the moment just watching him but no one was here to witness it so I figured now was the perfect opportunity.

I had never slept overnight with Zane before so tonight was our first time. My parents would never let him stay here and they would never let me stay at his place. And him staying last night wasn't intentional, but after Austin and Darrell's prank, there was no way I was sleeping here alone. I knew my brother was here with me but I did not trust him because he made fun of me all night. Between him and Darrell, I couldn't decide who was more annoying, especially since Darrell decided to crash here as well.

And since staying here alone with the two of them was not an option, I begged Zane to stay. It didn't take much begging to get him to stay because he knew that he wanted to spend the night with me as well. And I locked us in my room so the two boys couldn't bother us.

After watching about two comedy movies, everyone decided to go home. The night turned out to be a success, despite the scary portion of the night. I couldn't believe Darrell managed to trick us all like that, especially me. Well...actually I can believe he tricked me because I hate anything ghost related to begin with. But still.

Thankfully I managed to last with Maia and Malcolm. Maia never gave me any snarky comments beside the usual. Plus, having 9 other people there gave them less of an opportunity to bother me.

And as much as I wanted to lie in bed all day with Zane and to reminisce about last night, I couldn't. On Tuesday, my friends had guilt tripped me into doing volunteering today. I knew it would be good to have some community service hours under my belt. A part of me wanted to go back to sleep because I was still exhausted from last night but I knew Raven wouldn't allow it. She would drag me out of the house if she had to.

I look at the clock and I see that it is a little past 9:30 in the morning and we had to be at the park for the Breast Cancer Awareness walk by 11:30 in order to get full credit. I try to untangle myself from Zane so that I don't wake him and slip on my large t-shirt. I head into my walk in closet to decide what I want to wear. I pick out a pair of black leggings and a pink tracksuit jacket to go with the theme. After everything is set, I head out to take a shower and other things.

By the time I make it back to my room, Zane is still asleep. I quickly slip on my undergarments and put lotion on my body. As I am trying to fit my leg into my leggings, I hear a voice.

"What a lovely view to wake up to."

I freeze and turn around to see Zane sitting upright in the bed, watching me. His arms are folded and his hands rest on the back of his head with a smirk on his face. His hair is messy yet he still looks sexy and I can't help but laugh as I pull on my bottoms.

"How long have you been watching me?" I eye him suspiciously.

"Since you were putting your lotion on."

I scoff in disbelief.

"What? I didn't mind." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"What if I did?"