Chapter 20

"I think it went perfectly," I laugh once Brianna returns.

Brianna scoffs. "I can't believe her! She is so self-centered and just...rude!"

"I could've told you that."

Brianna gives me an annoyed look. "Why didn't you tell me about her before?"

"I just...I didn't want to start any drama."

"So you thought I would never find out? Were you going to keep it from me forever?"

"No, I was going to tell you. I just couldn't find the right time."

"You knew she was a bad person and you let her do those things to you."

"I didn't let her do anything, Brianna," I try not to glare at her. "Besides, Maia wasn't a threat to you and I know how you get when you don't want to believe something."

"What do you mean?"

"You already think I hate your boyfriend...which is less true now. And then if I told you I hated his sister you would be even more upset with me."

"No I wouldn't."

"Yes you would." I know for a fact that she would. And it is why I wanted to tell her.

"Okay, maybe I might have," She finally gives into the thought. "But that doesn't make it right."

"I never said it did. I'm just telling you why."

Brianna sighs. "Well at least we know. I can't believe she is that stuck on Will."

"Me either."

"He must be doing something to her because I do not get it."

"Like what? Voodoo?" I tease with a giggle.

"Possibly!" She exclaims in a serious tone that makes me laugh even more. "I do not understand."

"Maybe we're not supposed to. If Will is what Maia wants and vice versa, then let them be together. We can't always try to help people who don't want to be helped."

"Yeah, you're right." Brianna nods. "It's not much of a loss, anyways."

"It wasn't much of a gain, either." I add and we both laugh.

"Honestly, I don't feel bad about it. I can't let her say things about you and get away with it."

"I'm just glad you can see her for who she truly is."

"Yeah, me too." She nods and looks down. "Are you hungry? I need food."

"Food therapy after a day like this? How could I refuse?" I stand up and Brianna smiles.

We both head to the kitchen and Brianna offers to make us some grilled cheese sandwiches that I happily oblige to. I help Brianna to get the ingredients for our sandwiches and I watch as she heats up the stove. I sip on some juice when I hear the doorbell ring. We both pause and look at each other.

"Are you expecting someone else?" I ask.

"No," She shakes her head slowly. "Do you think Maia came back?"

"Let's go and find out."

We both put down our things and head out of the kitchen. Brianna opens the small curtain on her front door and to my surprise, it's Raven. Brianna closes the curtain and looks at me.

"Did you invite her?" I whisper.

"No, I just said I wasn't expecting anyone," She whispers back. "Did you tell her that you were here?"