Chapter 15

I tiredly head to my locker and grab my slip that had my new combination on it. I hated the fact that I had to get a new lock. I had my last one for the past four years and because someone decides they want to play games with me, I have to get used to a new one. I sip on my iced coffee and slowly open my locker. But what's inside makes me want to shut the locker closed and pretend that I never saw it.

"What the hell!" I exclaim angrily.

I reach inside for the newest gift. In my hand was a stack of 5 different flavors of the Extra brand gum. They were wrapped with a blue ribbon wrapped around it with a perfect bow on top. Attached is a small card that reads, "Because I think you are Extra special!"

I stare at the gum angrily. Zane was right. There was no point in changing my lock because whoever this person is figured it out anyways. It feels like a big slap in the face and I could feel the anger running through my veins. What was I supposed to do about this? I have no idea who is doing this and there is nothing else I can really do. I doubt I will be able to switch lockers and even if I did they would probably find out where it is and break into it again.

This has to be Will. He has to be doing this.

I want him to leave me alone. The anger inside of me seems to be clouding my judgment as an idea pops into my mind. Will thinks this is a game but it's not. So I will be returning his stupid gift because they are unwanted, right along with a not so nice message. I stuff the package of gum into my bag and switch out my books. Before I close my locker, I take a few deep breaths. I shouldn't let him get to me this much. I shouldn't let him make me so angry.

But how could I not be angry when he does stupid things like this?

I slam my locker shut and plan to head straight for Will's locker and give him a piece of my mind. I stop and jump at the sight of the person leaning on the lockers beside mine. I let put a breath of air and place my hand on my chest. "You scared me," I tell Zane.

"Sorry, that wasn't my intention." He lets out a small laugh.

"It's okay."

"You look nice today." He compliments as his eyes rake over my body.

I look down at my average attire, which only consisted of a white long sleeved shirt and a tan corduroy skirt. I look up at him with a small smile. "Oh, thank you. You look nice as well."

He just shrugs and pushes his hair out of his face. I take note of how his hair isn't in its usual ponytail. Zane doesn't really like to wear his hair out in school so this was different. Nonetheless, I liked it. I notice how the smile on his face hasn't left since he approached me. He must be in a good mood, considering the last time we spoke he was the complete opposite.

"So I have a proposition for you," He tells me as he leans off of the lockers.

"On what?"

"You agreeing to forgive your shitty boyfriend and agree to let him take you out later today to make it up it you."

I try to hide my smirk. "And where would we be going?"

"Anywhere you want. I won't make a fuss or anything about it, either."

"Wow, you must really feel sorry—not saying that you shouldn't because you totally should."

"To be honest, I'm actually surprised you're not angry right now." His eyes look shocked.

Honestly, I was never really angry with Zane. I would say I was confused by him and the way he acted on Saturday and it was rude. It annoyed me but I was never angry like the last time we argued. And besides, I had other things to be angry about. Kind of like the 5 packs of gum that were in my backpack.