Chapter 44

"Okay, tell me what happened." Austin begs for the second time.

I sigh at my brother as I go to the sink to dump the milk from the bowl of cereal I ate. "I said I'll tell you when we meet up with Zane at school. I don't feel like telling the story twice."

"But that's like...mad long from now."

"Aus, school is only like 15 minutes away. It's not that long." I roll my eyes at his exaggeration.

"I swear the story better be good or I'm going to be so mad."

"Hey, no one told you to hold such high expectations of me." I hold my hands up defensively before reaching for my bag that rested against the wall.

"And no one told you to come to me telling me you just got back at Malcolm and not expecting me to want to know the details right away."

"You'll know soon enough." I smile before exiting the kitchen. I yell from the bottom of the stairs a good bye to my parents, who have the day off. Austin is still complaining as he trails behind me towards the front door and still even when we actually get outside.

I stop abruptly, causing my brother to slam right into my back. Austin groans and yells at me for doing such a thing, but I am just so shocked to see the person in my driveway.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Zane, unable to hide the smile on my face. I rush over to him and smile when he openly accepts me into his arms.

"I wanted to see you," He takes his sunglasses of and gives me the happiest smile. "And I thought we could ride together. I don't have to work until later today so I thought we could hang out until then, especially since you didn't come back yesterday like you promised."

"I know and after I explain to you what I have to tell my brother...you'll know why."

Zane glances between the both of us before nodding his head and flipping his hair out of his face.

"Also, Austin's car won't be out of the shop until Wednesday so I'm his ride." My smile fades as I rest my hand on Zane's arm.

"Well if we're all going to the same place, why can't he ride with us?"

"Yeah Zuri, why can't I?" Austin smirks tauntingly at me.

"I wasn't saying you can't, I was just letting him know that at this point we're kind of a package deal."

Austin rests a hand on my shoulder. "Sis, we've been a package deal since birth. Zane should know this by now."

"Which I already do, so instead of wasting time why don't we just leave already?" Zane puts his sunglasses back on and moves towards the car door.

"Agreed." Austin moves around me so that he can get into the backseat of the car and I roll my eyes as I walk over to the passenger side.

"So now that we're in the car, why don't you tell us what happened yesterday." Austin leans upward so that he is resting his hand on my seat.

I turn to look back at him. "Wow, I've never seen you so excited to hear about something I've done."

"Yeah, yeah. Just tell us what happened."

I begin to tell them both about Raven's phone call and how it was just a way to get Brianna and I together. They both give me unhappy looks when I tell them what happened between Brianna and me and before I can even get to the next part, Austin stops me.

"Wait a minute."

"What?"

"So you mean to tell me after everything she did to you, you're forgiving her and going back to the way it was?"