Chapter 22

Hi all! 

Sorry for the long awaited chapter. I was finishing my semester of school and I've also been really sick so it delayed my writing. But I am trying my best to push through for all of you and I hope you understand that I'm only human. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these chapters ❤❤

"Hi, honey." My mother looks over at me with a smile on her face as I enter the kitchen.

"Hey, Mom."

"How was your night?" She looks back at her coffee maker to pour her coffee.

"It was nice. His grandparents were very welcoming."

"So I'm assuming everything went well as I predicted?"

Not everything.

"Yeah." I crack a small laugh as I sit the large bag of food onto the table.

"What's all that?" She turns to look at me with a questioning gaze.

"Food."

"Well how much food did you take from their home?" She laughs and moves forward to analyze the assorted Tupperware full of food.

"I didn't just take it, it was given to me. His grandmother was not going to let me leave without any food."

"Well what did you have? A feast?" Her eyes are wide as I continue to take more food out of the bag.

"Something like that," I can't help but let out a small laugh. "Well the food is really good."

"I'm not complaining, trust me. This means I won't have to cook dinner tomorrow." She smiles happily and begins to carry some of the food to the refrigerator.

"So it's a win-win."

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed your night."

"Yeah and now I'm tired. I just want to go to bed." I yawn. Truth be told, I was just really bummed about my argument with Zane.

"Well after you put away the food that you brought home, you most certainly can." She smiles as she pats one of the containers of food. She picks up her mug and exits the kitchen. I sigh as I begin to put the rest of the food away.

Once I am finished, I make my way upstairs to my room and begin to take off my makeup. As I am doing this, I can't seem to stop thinking about Zane. Our argument keeps replaying in my mind. It shouldn't have gone that way. Everything came out the wrong way which turned into a disaster. And now I find myself a cross between upset and sad.

After finishing removing my makeup and changing into my pajamas, I settle into bed. I stare up at the ceiling as my mind runs wild. I reach for my phone, wanting to call Zane and wanting to apologize. But I don't. Instead, I place the phone right back down and groan of frustration.

All of this college mess and thinking about my future was stressing me out. It seems like everyone around me has their mind made up about where I am going to be next fall and I can't even say for myself that I have a clear idea.

Yes I know that going to New York would be a good thing, but I don't know if it's what I truly want.

I am leaning more towards Harton University because I don't know if I see myself strictly doing music forever. I love being a pianist and how much it has become a part of my life. It has helped me through dark times and I use it as a way to channel out everything around me. But I don't see myself doing it as a steady job for the rest of my life. I want to continue to maybe do gigs and things related to music. But I want to come out of college with a degree for something I can actually do besides music.