Chapter 2

"Home at last!" My mother exclaims once we are in the house.

After a three hour plane ride home (which felt so much longer than it actually was), we were finally back home. It was late and I was exhausted. Traveling causes my body to feel exceptionally fatigued for some reason, no matter how much rest I get.

We came home two days after Remy's party. I am still in shock that he really had someone listen to me play from the actual Juilliard School. I knew going there would be a huge opportunity and I definitely had to think out my options. It was still August so I knew I had some time to think over things, but I knew the application process would soon be approaching and that meant flying back to New York for auditions.

When we got back to the hotel that night, the first thing I did was call Zane. He teased me about being so nervous and then actually doing a really great job, which was expected from him because he did the same thing back in May with my spring recital. When I told him about Dr. Smith and Juilliard, he sounded happy for me. We didn't get to talk about it very much, but I figured we could do it now that I'm back home.

I was gone for about two weeks and being home felt good and bad. Good because I can see my friends and my boyfriend, but bad because the end of summer was approaching. School was starting back up in about two weeks and after such a great summer; I didn't want it to end.

Tomorrow was Raven's birthday and she was having a party. I lied to her saying that I would be in New York for another day, which bummed her out a lot. But little did she know I was going to surprise her. Brianna is in on the secret and at first I was a bit skeptical about letting her in on it, but she's been keeping up pretty well with the secret. But then again, we all know she's no stranger to keeping secrets.

But we're not going to get into that.

Brianna and I have been getting along really well lately. This summer just seems to have been a great one for everyone because we haven't had many problems. I like to believe that nice weather puts people in jollier moods, not to mention we didn't have school drama to get in the way. The only thing I could really say that has been annoying me a bit this summer is Will and Destiny.

They continuously try to make themselves relevant and it puzzles me. None of us care about them nor talk to them, so why they are trying to get on our good sides, I have the slightest clue. I just find it funny that whenever I'm out with Zane, Will won't approach me or even give me eye contact, yet when I'm with my girl friends he stares me down and sometimes even approaches me. Why he still thinks I want to get with him especially when he's with Destiny, the world may never know.

I head upstairs with my luggage before I collapse onto my bed.

"Oh my lovely bed, how I have missed you!" I murmur into the pillows. Sleeping in a hotel bed next to your brother who moves around way too much gets pretty old pretty fast. I was ready to get a great sleep tonight because I knew tomorrow would be a long day. And so with that being said, I get up to find some pajamas, take a nice shower, and head straight for bed.

<>.<>.<>

"Are you sure you can't come?" I ask Zane as I do my hair.

"Yes, I'm sure." He says into the phone. "Trust me, I would love to be with you but my mother wants to go out today."

"Aw, well I hope you have a good time." I say in a light tone so that he knows I mean my words.

"You're not mad at me, are you?"

"What? No. It's a reasonable excuse so it's okay."

"You're so understanding."