•Chapter 2: Comfort•

Clementine ducked down as a bullet rang through her ear. She looked behind her to see a dead man that was currently shot by.... Well, she doesn't know. Until she looked infont of her to see Gabriel holding a gun.

"He shot that guy?" Clementine thought. She sighed and nod at him— her way of saying "thanks". Gabriel nod back and continued firing back.

Clementine reloaded her gun and as soon as she was finished, she quickly returned fire.

She ducked down once again and looked at Gabriel.

"Gabe! Get to your sister and get back to Prescott now!" Clementine commanded as Gabriel's eyes widened.
"But what about you?" He asked.
"I'll be fine! Just--"

Clementine got interrupted by Kate getting shot.
"Kate!" Gabriel screamed as he saw his stepmother dropped to the ground.

"Gabe help her!" Clementine shouted. Gabriel didn't hesitate anymore, he ran over to Kate na kept her down as bullets were flying everywhere.

"Do something Javi!" Gabriel shouted.

Javi's face turned from scared to angry as he returned fire. Clementine looked over to Gabe and saw him pick up Kate. Clementine got out of her hiding spot and covered for Gabe so that he could get to Javi.

"She's been shot! We gotta do something!" Gabriel said.
"We need to get back to Prescott. Let Eleanor patch her up." Tripp said.
"Or we stay here and finish this." Clementine said as she crouch down beside Javi.
"What? Are you fucking nuts?" Tripp said.
"If you don't fight them, they're gonna come after you. Please Javi." Clementine begged.
"What? Javi, No!" Gabe said.

Javi thought about it hard wether he should stay or go with his family. He squeezed his eyes shut and looked at Clementine.

"Take Kate to Prescott. We'll cover you." Javi said.

Gabriel didn't argue anymore, he just did what his uncle said and help Kate to the car.

Clementine nod at Javi then ran over to her spot earlier.
"Take the nearest ones out." Clementine commanded.

One by one, people started dying. Javi felt satisfied but a little bit bothered. While Clementine didn't feel anything at all. All she wanted to do was kill all these people who fucked her day.

---
"Finally." Clementine sighed.

Javier looked over to Clementine as she just started to walk over to a walker.
"What's wrong?" Javier asked.

Clementine examined the walker and quickly glances over to the tattoo of the walker.

"Clementine?" Javier said snapping Clem out of her thoughts.

"Oh yeah, nothing." She said as she stabbed the walker at its head.
"Lets go back to Prescott... back to your family." She said without looking at him and just walk away.

As they were walking, Javi noticed that Clementine still looks bothered of what happened earlier.
"Clem, are you sure you don't wanna tell me? You can tell me anything." Javi said.

Clementine just sighed and kept her mouth shut as she looked forward and keep on walking.
"Clem---"
"Javi, shut the fuck up." Clementine growled making Javi shut up.

---

Clementine's POV:
As we got back to Prescott, Javi started running through the gates and quickly look for Kate. I couldn't care less. All I wanted was my ride and I'll get the fuck out of here.

"Clem, can you do me a favor?" Javi asked.
"No." I replied with a poker face. Javi just sighed and looked me in the eye.
"Please find Gabe. Please make sure he's alright." He pleaded.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't get the part where he became MY priority." I said as I crossed my arms.
"Clem! Just do it!" Javi said as he quickly ran over to Kate.

I groaned in frustration and looked around.

Now, where could a grieving teenage boy go? I thought.

I started walking around til I had an idea of where he might be. I walked over to the gates and looked up to see Conrad looking down at me.
"I'm going out." I shouted. He didn't say anything, he just nodded and I did the same as I walked out of the safe haven.

As I exited the gates, I saw Gabe stabbing a walker over and over again. I tilted my head and looked down. I sighed and reached over to my pocket and grab Mariana's mixtape that I grabbed before me and Javi got out of the junkyard. I squeezed my eyes shut and look at him. I finally started walking over to him and crouch down besde him.

"Gabe, I think that walker's dead." I stated. He didn't say anything. He just kept stabbing the walker. I sighed and look at him.
"Gabe, I get that your mad about losing your sister but---"
"BUT WHAT?! YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT! I JUST LOST MY SISTER! SHE'S GONE BECAUSE OF YOU!" He shouted. My eyes widened in shock as I stood up without taking my eyes off of him.
"What?! Are you out of your mind? How was that my fault?" I asked.
"If you kept looking around for people, she would still be alive right now!" Gabe shouted.
"You fucking piece of bipolar shit! Is everything my fucking problem now? Is everything my fucking fault now? Note this, Gabriel García, if I wasn't out there with your uncle, you and your Aunt would've been dead right now! I think I helped you enough." I said but he just looked ag me in the eyes with the same expression on his face.

I sighed and handed him Mariana's mixtape.
"Here— I grabbed that for you." I said and walked away.