•Chapter 39: Deal•

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!

I love you!

🖤J

"Then what happened?"

"Oh, I set that fucker on fire before he could even touch Aj." Clementine ended the story which made Glenn laugh hysterically.

Once he calmed down, he looked at Clementine and patted her. "You really did grow up. I remember back then you got yelled at by Larry for taking a candy bar from a store he didn't even own. But look at you now, burning walkers like a true savage." Glenn said proudly.

Clementine laughed and shook her head, "That's just what I do. No one touches my Aj." She said seriously which made Glenn laugh once more.

"Okay, lets be serious." Glenn suggested which changed the mood completely. "You know you owe me an answer."

"Yeah... that." Clementine said, her voice lowering.

"What really happened to you kid? What happened to that sweet innocent little girl that brought sunshine and rainbows to everyone who seemed depressed?"

"Well... she lost Lee. And she didn't just lose him, she shot him herself." Clementine said as she felt sad. "But somehow, losing Lee made that little girl tougher than she used to. Losing him made her independent. But eventhough he was out of sight, he was never out of mind because she knows that Lee stayed with her all along. That's why she's here talking to you." She smiled.

Glenn sighed and felt bad for the girl. She's just a kid and yet she's experiencing things that she's not supposed to experience. Glenn couldn't think of a good enough advice so he hugged Clementine, giving her the comfort she needed. She hugged back and buried her face in his chest.

"I'm sorry Clem." Glenn mumbled.

"It's not your fault." She pulled away and smiled at him once more. "I'm here because of him. I'm not wasting what he sacrificed."

Glenn smiled down at the little girl infront of her and ruffled her hair. "That's the spirit." he said, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." She said. Then Glenn sighed and looked ahead, scanning the dark neighborhood he now lived in. It was nighttime afterall, but he took his time on talking with Clementine since they really wanted to catch up on alot of things.

"Clem, I'm gonna head home now Maggie's probably waiting for me. But if you want, you could join us for breakfast tomorrow." Glenn suggested. Clementine nodded and smiled, "I would love nothing more." She said.

And with that, she gave him one last hug before pulling away. Glenn said his goodnight to Clementine and she did the same and walked inside the house she, Gabe and Aj were staying in.

The first thing she spotted was a sleeping Gabriel on the couch who had his arms wrapped around himself. Clementine chuckled and walked over to him and took the blanket from the coffee table that was right infront of the fabric couch he was sleeping on. She unfolded the blanket and placed it on top of him, tucking him in. Gabe shuffled a bit but he didn't wake up.

Clementine smiled softly at him, "Goodnight sweet prince." then she placed a kiss on her forehead before starting to walk towards her bedroom.

But before she could even enter the room, she heard Aj cry.

He must've woken up already. She thought.

She twisted the knob and pushed the door open. Her eyes widened and her heart thumped fast as she saw a tall figure infront of her, its back was facing her and it seemed like it was carrying something in its arms.

"What the hell?" She mumbled.

"Shhhhh. Shhh. Shhh. You'll wake him up." It said.

That voice... it sounds so familiar.

"David?" She called then the figure turned around to face her. As soon as he was facing her, hey eyes widened even more if that was possible.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" She yelled.

"I said, be quiet or I'm gonna pull this trigger and blow his brains out." He said as he kept his free hand on the gun he was pointing at the innocent toddler who had absolutely no idea what was going on.

"David... p-please... pleae put d-down the gun." Clementine pleaded as she inched closer. Then he pointed the gun at Clementine making her stop in her tracks.

"Stay. Where. You. Are." He said through gritted teeth.

"W-what do you want?" She asked, tears now pricking her eyes. "J-just p-please don't hurt h-him."

"I came for a deal." David said with confidence as he walked around the room as if it was his own.

"W-what kind of deal?" Clementine asked trying to keep her composure but obviously failed since she was on a verge of tears.

"You are going to give Gabe back to me." He said with that devilish smirk on his face.

Clementine couldn't believe it. Even after the talk they had back then, his anger towards her never even changed. He's still the same monster she knew.

Some people never change.

"No." I said sternly.

"Alright, he dies then—" he loaded his gun and pointed it at Aj's head once again.

"Wait!" She cut him off which caught his attention.

"I-if I gave him back to you... you would leave us alone? You would leave me alone?" She asked with a glimpse of hope to never see this monster again.

"Yes." He said.

Clementine gulped. She didn't know what she needs to do. She didn't want to lose Gabe again, but she didn't want to watch Aj die infront of her either.

She closed her eyes shut and sighed, "Deal."