•Chapter 9: Protection•

Gabe's POV:
I looked up as I saw that daylight was peeking out. I looked to my side and saw Clementine still sleeping. I smiled and got out of the car and saw everyone trying to get another car out of the way so that we could pass.

"Morning!" Javi greeted.
"Hey." I replied.
"How'd you sleep?" He asked.
"Good." I replied.
"Well, we're trying to get the car out of the way so that we could pass... wanna help?" Javi asked.
"Yeah sure." I said as I walked away and looked for stuff to help them get rid of the car. But what?

"Hey" I heard somebody say behind me. I looked back and saw Clementine. She yawned and rubbed her eyes as she walked closer to me.
"Goodmorning." I said as she smiled and stopped infront of me.
"Why didn't you wake me up?" She asked as she handed me my jacket.
"Because I wouldn't want to wake up the sleeping beauty." I said as I get my jack and crossed my arms.
"Did you just called me sleeping beauty?" She asked with a smirk.
"No, I called you beautiful." I said smiling and she giggled.
"Well... thanks, I guess." She said as she looked down and crossed her arms.

I smiled and walker closer to her and put a hair behind her ear making her look at me.
"I'm serious though." I said and she smiled and walk away. 

Suddenly, I heard some footsteps coming towards me so I looked back and saw Javi.
"Saw you and Clementine talking back there." Javi said with a smirk.
"We always talk. Its not like it's something new." I said.
"Hey Gabe, do me a favour and make the move." Javi said.
"Can't you see that I'm trying." I said as he put his hand on my shoulder.
"You'll get there." He said.
"Yeah I will, I mean, we're probably the only two teens left in this apocalypse right?" I said.
"Don't get your hopes up Gabe." Javi said as he walked away.

I just shook my head and glanced over to Clementine who was recently looking for some stuff.

---
"Shit! go!" Javi yelled as walkers started to come out and the car that Kate and Eleanor was in drove off.

All of us started to shoot some walker except for Clementine who was stabbing the walkers. I didn't mind it, I just shot every single walker that would come up behind her. Suddenly, something tackled me to the ground and as soon as I realised that it was a walker, I grabbed my gun but only realising that I dropped it and it was probably 10 inches away from me. I kept pushing the walker as it tried to sink its chomping jaw into my teeth while I try to grab my gun.

A little bit more!

I thought as I finally reached my gun and placed it in the walkers mouth and I pulled the trigger.

The sound made my ear hurt and now all I can hear is ringing and  a little faded voice of Clementine. I pushed the walker off me and looked up to see Javi getting attacked my a walker. I shook my head to get my senses together and I got up and shot the walker right at its head. I pushed the walker's body and I helped Javi up.

"Thanks." He said as I looked back and saw more were coming.

"Up there!" Clementine pointed to a roof as all of us started to run over to a ladder.

Javi placed the ladder so that everyone could get up on the roof.
"Hurry!" Javi said as Clementine, Tripp and Conrad got up but me and Javi didn't.

I kept shooting the nearest walkers while Javi tried to block another entrance the walkers were getting at. I helped him pushed it and he thanked me for it and told me to get up the roof.

I took breaths as I lie on my back and stared up at the clouds. Suddenly, a figure blocked my view and a beautiful sight covered my eyes— Clementine.

She helped me up and as soon as I'm up, she wrapped her arms around my neck and hug me.
"You stupid little bitch, you could've died!" She whisper-yelled.
"I think it would be worth it." I breathed out. She pulled away and gave me a smile as I did the same.
"Stop doing that shit." She said as she punched me lightly on my shoulder.
"Why? I can show you that I can be as badass as you are." I replied with a smile as she smiled back and rolled her eyes.

A couple of minutes later, Javi finally joined the other adults but their conversation only turned into an argument.

"Calm down!" Clementine said.
"Calm down? I'm not gonna fucking calm down--" Tripp said but got interrupted by Javi looking up.
"I think somebody's watching us." Javi said.
"Everyone get down!" Javi commanded as all of us took cover. Tripp and Conrad behind a few boxes, Javi behind a barrel and me and Clementine behind a small brick wall.

"We're armed! And we're not afraid to kill you!" Javi yelled.

I glanced over to Clementine and she just held a look of anger in her face probably because of what happened between her argument with Tripp and Conrad. I looked down and peeked to see Javi sneaking up where we saw the guy.

"Stay here." Clementine said as she reloaded her gun.
"Woah woah woah, where the hell do you think you're going?" I asked.
"Javi needs my help." She said as she stood up but only to be pulled down by me grabbing her arm.
"I'm not letting you go there." I said in a deep voice.
"You're not in charge of me." She said as she pry her arm off and ran over to where Javi went.

I sighed and shook my head as I reloaded my gun and run after Clementine. Conrad and Tripp noticed my actions so they went after me too.

"Don't move." I heard Clementine say and I run over beside her and pointed my gun at the guy Javi was with.
"Who the hell is this?" Tripp said.
"He might be with The New Frontier." Conrad said.
"What? No, I'm not with those guys— you got this backwards." He defended.
"Check for the brand." Clementine said as Javi did what she said.
"Nope. All clear." Javi said.
"Look, I heard your little argument earlier and---"

BOOM BADA BING BADA BAM BADA BOOM BADA BANG BANG... PRAAA!!!

YEA I UPDATED 4 CHAPTERS 😂😂💯