•Chapter 17: Fine•

Clementine's POV:
I woke up to a loud bang at my cell door so I quickly got up and looked at the door. I rolled my eyes and lay back down again when I saw that stupid blue-eyed boy again— Carl.

"Hey, you didn't touch your food last night." He said in a soothing voice.
"Do you think I would eat it if I was asleep?" I said not even bothering to look at him.

I heard him sigh and put something down so I looked at him again and I saw him push a tray of food in my cell. I rolled my eyes and sat up.

"Eat up." He said.
"How do I know that you didn't put poison in that?" I said and he chuckled.
"Do you really think I would poison you?" He asked.
"As a matter of fact, yes." I said.
"Now, why would I do that?" He asked while smirking.
"You tried to kill me yesterday so... there's no doubt that you'll try to kill me now." I said as I crossed my arms.

He laughed and shook his head and looked at me.
"I'm not gonna do that." He said.
"Prove it." I said as he takes a bite of the meat. He started chewing it while nodding and looking at me.
"Swallow it." I said.
"You're kidding." He said.
"Swallow. It." I said through gritted teeth. He rolled his eyes and did it anyways and as soon as he was done, he opened his mouth as if he wanted me to check if there's still some left. I sighed and rolled my eyes and grabbed the tray of food and went back to my bed. I started eating and--- to be honest, this is the best thing that I've ever put in my mouth. Like, how can they even make deer meat taste this good.

While I was eating, I heard Carl laugh so I snapped my head to him and glared at him.
"What's so funny?" I asked.
"You're so cute when you're satisfied" He said while laughing and I just shook my head and didn't mind him.
"Look, I'm sorry for being an asshole yesterday. I was just--"
"Trying to get something for the group... Yeah I feel you. But you could've just asked me nicely." I said.
"Would you give it? If I did ask nicely?" He asked.
"No. But that doesn't mean its okay for you to point gun at my fucking head." I said as I continued eating.
"I said I'm sorry." He protested.
"I know... And I'm sorry too for beating the shit out of you yesterday." I said and he chuckled.
"I kinda deserved it anyways." He said.
"Damn right you do." I said and he chuckled.
"Welp! I'm gonna go back to the watchtower. I'll be back to check on you later." He said.
"You don't have to... infact, DON'T go here. You kind of annoy the crap out of me." I said.
"Exactly." He said smirking.

I rolled my eyes and continued eating.

---
While I was all alone in a dark and dirty cell, I figured that this may be the time to rest for a moment. But I couldn't. Hell how could I? I have no idea where Aj is, these people kept me locked up and who knows what they're gonna do to me.

I just shook my head and and wiped all the thoughts off, I stood up and looked out the small window, scanning the outside world. I scoffed at the thought of someone being this comfortable just because they live in this big prison. But no one's safe... no matter how big and strong this place is, it will fall down.

My thoughts were interrupted by gunshots filling the air— people screaming and running around everywhere. I squinted my eyes to where it came from, and it was from a guy with an eyepatch... Flying his bullets around everywhere, not giving a crap who may die.

My eyes widened as some people came in. I quickly ran to my cell door and tried opening it... But news flash! Its been opened the whole time. I rolled my eyes and got out of the cell, quickly running down the empty yet bloody halls.

I stopped on my tracks when I heard footsteps coming my way. I hid behind a wall waitng for that person to pass by. As soon as it did, I punched his head making him fall down to the ground, unconscious. I grabbed his gun and his knife that was in his holster and quickly ran to look for the exit.

I found the exit but even before I got out, I looked around for any threat and there was alot.

People looking around for Rick's group, probably wanting to kill them...

I looked to my right and saw Carl in a bush motioning for me to come over to him.

But I didn't, I went to the other side— shooting a man on his back then at his head. His groupmates may have noticed it and pointed their guns to where I was... But I got away.

I shot another person at the back once again and she fell to the ground. I quickly moved to the watchtower and I let myself in, climbing up the ladder to the very top of the watchtower.

I crouched down, keeping my gun close and pointed it to someone's head and pulled the trigger causing the bullet to fly to its head. Everyone started to panic and looked everywhere for me but they couldn't find me. I looked around the room and found a grenade so I picked one up and threw it to them.

Once it exploded, eveyone started running to the gates. I saw Rick, Daryl, Maggie amd Glenn shot some of them on the way out.

As soon as they were gone, I got down the watchtower and Rick and his group's eyes were on me.

"A little 'thank you' would be appreciated." I said as I hand them the gun.

Rick took it and look over to Daryl.

"Look, I helped you— the least you can do for me is to not kill me." I said and Rick walked closer to me.

"Thank you, Clementine." He said as he patted my shoulder.

"It was fine." I said.