•Chapter 38: My light•

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!

I love you!

🖤J

The cold winter air greeted her delicate skin so she rubbed her hands up and down her arms eventhough she was already covered up with a thick coat. It has been 4 months since they found Rick's group and eversince then, they've been living in a community called 'Alexandria'. Although the community seemed warm, the cold weather begged to say 'otherwise'.

Walkers outside the wall were dying of cold and they stayed inside infront of the furnace but that didn't stop them from freezing. She sighed and a cold smoke escaped her lips but she didn't mind that.

"Hey, here's your hot chocolate." Gabe said as he gave the cup of warm cocoa to his girlfriend.

"Thank you." She said as she took the cup in her hands and took a sip. "Where's Aj?"

"Oh, I put him to sleep in your room awhile ago. That kid loves the weather so much he pretty much just sleeps through it." Gabe said as he took a sip from his own cup. Clementine nodded in understanding as she looked ahead once again, letting her feet dangle from the watchtower they were sitting on.

Then suddenly, she hummed a familliar tune that got Gabriel interested so he hummed the sing with her. Once they've stopped, she looked at him with a bright smile.

"Hey, can I ask you a favor?" She asked.

"Yeah sure. What is it?"

Clementine took a deep breath, obviously nervous about asking him about this since she doesn't really know if he'll agree to it. "Can you... Can you teach me that song?"

Gabe chuckled, "Ofcourse! It's a simple song re—"

"With the guitar." Clementine cut him off. Gabe's smile seemed to widen even more then he said, "Sure. I'll just go grab my guitar." With that, he climbed down from the watchtower.

She watched him walk away, leaving traces of footsteps in the snow.

While waiting, she kept on sipping from the cup that was filled with warm, sweet cocoa, savoring every taste in her mouth. Then suddenly, she heard someone coming up the watchtower.

Assuming that it was Gabe, she put the cup down beside her but once the person finally got up, she felt kind of disappointed.

"Hey Clemmie." He greeted as he took a seat beside her.

"Hey Carl." She greeted back.

He let out a frustrated sigh and clapped his hands together, "You know what, I'm not gonna sit here for long and let an awkward silence swarm us. I'm just going to tell you what I came here for."

Clementine looked at him with a confused look and she nodded, gesturing him to continue.

"Clem... are you happy?" He asked.

"Ofcourse I a—"

"With him?" He asked.

Come to think of it, she would've said yes without a doubt. But she couldn't find her voice to say what she wanted to say. She would open her mouth, but no voice comes out. So she tried to clear her throat and emphasize her words.

"He... Gabe means the world to me. Before him, I was a person who would kill other people just so
I could protect Aj. I was the kind of person who would use people to get the stuff I wanted. I never really cared about anyone but myself and Aj. Then when I met him, I found him absolutely annoying. He was a handful and he's a bipolar piece of shit that I really wanted to punch in the fucking face. He's terrible." She trailed off as she looked ahead again and let her thoughts about him consume her.

"But... he... he changed somehow. He made up for all those times he was being an asshole to me. He protected me eventhough I didn't even wanted to be protected and eventhough he knew that he's a wimp. He made me laugh when I couldn't even find a reason to smile. He saw me cry... he saw me at my lowest and I pushed him away for so many times and yet he stayed. I left him countless times but he still made an effort to find me. And while he kept on finding me, I found myself not wanting to leave him again. I'm attached once again. Yes, I'm scared because everytime someone gets too attached to me or gets involved with me, they either leave me or die. But he's still here. And for what it's worth, I'm going to stay eventhough I know that there will be consequences. Why? Because he stayed when I couldn't." She said her voice softening a bit.

She glanced at Carl and pulled a smile to her face. "So, am I happy with him? Yes. Yes I am. He's my world... He's my light." She finally ended with sincerity.

Carl felt defeated but proud. Defeated because its already clear that he could never replace Gabe. Proud because the girl who once tried to kill him before is actually loving someone. Even if it wasn't him, he was happy for her.

He smiled and nodded. He reached a hand to her shoulder and said, "I'm happy for you, Clemmie." and with that he stood up and started to climb down the watchtower but stopped halfway.

"And Clem, if he ever breaks your heart, I'm going to punch his lights out." He warned which made Clementine giggle.

"That won't be necessary." Clementine said with full confidence. Carl nodded and continued to climb down.

A few moments later, he saw Gabe running from afar with a guitar in his hands and once he reached the bottom of the watchtower, he didn't waste anytime to climb up the watchtower. He finally reached the top but he let himself fall on the platform, panting.

"Damn, I can't feel my legs." Gabe breathed out and Clementine laughed at him.

"Now, teach me that song!" She demanded as she took the guitar in her hands.

The two started their 'class' but they ended up laughing at each other every once in a while. Little did they know that someone was watching them from afar.

"I'm going to take him back. You're poison to him Clementine... You're poison."