•Chapter 6: Consequences•

Clementine's POV:
"We should start shooting." I said in a calm yet angered voice if that's even possible.

"No! They'll kill Francine!" Conrad protested.

"And if they don't, they'll kill US! Listen to Clementine." A voice said making me look behind me. And there I saw Gabe reloading his rifle as he stood with his uncle.

"Gabe? Get the fuck down! You're not supposed to be here!" Javi said.

"Get down? No Javi! I'm so sick and tired of being a stupid bystander. I'm gonna do something— I have to." Gabe said as he stared straight into Javi's eyes.

"Listen to your uncle, Gabe. He's just trying to protect you." I said.

"Shut up Clem! This is my decision, not yours." He said as he looked down at the group who were holding Francine as hostage.

"Let her go please!" Conrad pleaded.

"We would... if you give us half of your stuff." The guy said.

"No fucking way!" Tripp yelled.

"Suit yourself." The guy said as he cut off Francine's finger making her scream. Conrad did the same.

I couldn't handle it anymore. I just aimed my gun at some random guy and shoot. Tripp, Javi, Conrad and Gabe started shooting too, as well as the other group who were trying to put up an all out war with us.

I ducked down and checked for ammo and realised that I was almost out. I looked up to Gabe who was currently shooting. I sighed and crawled over to him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt making him look at me.

"Gabe, I need your gun." I said.
"What?!" He said.
"Come on! Just give it to me! Go down and keep Kate safe. We'll handle this." I said as I stared into his brown eyes. He sighed and put his gun on my hand. He started climbing down the ladder as he kept his eyes on me.

I just shook my head and checked his gun and saw that he has enough bullets to kill all of them.
"Great job Gabe." I mumbled and I peeked again and started shooting them. But even before I could kill anyone of them, I saw someone throw a smoke grenade inside the community.

"Javi! The gates!" I yelled as I caught Javi and Tripp's attention.
"Shit! Walkers are gonna get in! Clementine, Javi. Get the fuck down there and help everyone else. Me and Conrad will handle these assholes." Tripp said as me and Javi nodded.

Gabe... Gabe, where the hell are you? I thought as I looked around but failed to see anything.

"Clementine, help me find Gabe and Kate. Please." Javi said. I nodded and we both parted ways.

"Gabe!" I shouted.

"Gabriel!" I shouted again.

"Clem?!" I heard him shout back.

I coughed and looked behind me and squinted through the blurry figures that I kept seeing.

"Gabe, I'm here!" I shouted.

"Clem where are you?!" He shouted.

I covered my nose but kept my gun up. I kept walking through the figures that I assumed were walkers. Suddenly, something grabbed my arm— it was just a walker. I pushed it and stabbed its head and kept walking.

"Clem?!" I heard Gabe call but this time, his voice was nearer.

"Gabe? Where are you?" I asked as I turned around but I bumped into something causing me to fall down with me on top of someone. I grunted as my eyes met with with a familiar brown eyes. My face flushed as I realised that I was on top of Gabe. He kept his hands on my waist as he smirked. I rolled my eyes and pushed his face and I got up.

"Come on. Let's go find Kate and Javi." I said as I hold out my hand for him.

He took my hand and he stood up but still not letting go of my hand.
"You can let go now." I said as I looked straight at his eyes. He just smiled at me but later on, his smile slowly faded as he pulled me behind him and he pulled a gun out and shoot something. But I heard him yelp in pain.

My eyes widened in shock as I looked back and saw a dead man on the ground and Gabe on his knees.

"Gabe!" I shouted as I ran up to him. He was holding his right shoulder as he looked at me in pain.

"Come on! Let's get the fuck out of here!" I said as I put his arm around my shoulder and assisted him to wherever safe place I could find.

"C-Clem... I need to tell you something" He said. I looked at him and realised that our faces were inches apart so I looked away and saw a car.

"Now's not the time Gabe." I said as I assisted him to the car.

"Come on get in!" Javi said as me and Gabe ran to them.

Javi opened a door and I pushed Gabe in and shoot a walker that was just behind me. I got in the car as well and then Javi started to drive.

"What the hell happened to Gabe?" Javi asked.
"He got shot." I said as I looked over to Gabe.

"Lemme see your wound." I said as he let me examined his wound.
"Its a clean shot. I can fix it as soon as we have the right supplies. You did got some supplies right?" I asked Javi.
"I think Eleanor did." Javi said.
"Well where are they?" I asked panicking a little bit.
"They're right behind us." Javi said.

I sighed and suddenly, I felt a hand on top of mine. I looked down and saw Gabe's hand. I looked at him as he smiled.
"If I'm gonna die... I just want you to know that---"
"Shut up Gabe. You got shot in the shoulder... not in the heart. So stop being such a drama queen." I said. He just laughed and intertwined his fingers with mine. That made me look at him as if he was crazy. But somehow, that actually made me feel something in my stomach that I couldn't explain.
"Just let me hold it for a while... please." He said as I just nodded and looked ahead.

The hell is happening to me?