•Chapter 19: Missed•

3rd person's POV:

Clementine and Gabriel stared each other for a few seconds before they run up to each other... Gabe was the one to run first- hugging Clementine tightly, but not too tight. Clementine did the same as she had her arms wrapped around Gabe's neck. Gabe swinged her around as Clementine giggled. Finally, Gabe puts her down and the two looked deep into each other's eyes.

"You really missed me, huh?" Clementine said with a smirk on her face.
"duh." Gabe replied with a dorky face.
Clementine acoffed and smiled "Why? you missed bullying someone?"
"No, I just missed you bullying me." Gabe said with a wide grin plastered on his face.

Clementine bit her lower lip and hug Gabe again.
"I dreamt about you several times these past few days." She said as she pulled away.
"Its weird... I know. But bear with me if I tell you that- I missed you too." She said smiling. Gabe chuckled and stroked Clementine's cheek and pulled  her to his chest, letting her listen to Gabe's heart that only beats for her.

"I'm glad that I'm not the only one who missed you." Gabe said as Clementine hugged him again.

And out of the nowhere, while the two were enjoying each other's warmth, someone called out Clementine's name— alarming her.

She pulled away from Gabe's comfort and looked for someone who called her.

"Clementine where are you? We gotta go!" The voice shouted.

Footsteps started walking towards them and there they saw Carl and Michonne.

Carl's eyes widened as he saw Clementine with a boy he doesn't know.

"Who is this?" Gabe asked.
"Who are YOU?" Carl said with a death glare to Gabe.
"Woah chill, Carl this is my friend Gabe, Gabe that's my friend Carl." Clementine introduced but the two didn't stopped glaring at each other.

"Come on Clem, lets go." Carl said as he walked towards Clementine and grab her wrist— dragging her to Carl's direction.

"Woah, woah... She's coming with me." Gabe said as he quickly grabbed Clementine's other wrist.

"Guys-"

"She's safer with me." Carl said
"Says who?" Gabe said.
"Says me." Carl fired back.

"GUYS!" Clementine shouted as she pulled away her wrist from the two boys who were pulling her in different directions.

"I decide who I go with, so both of you, shut the hell up." Clementine said as she glared at the two boys.

"Lets make this quick, Rick's almost done packing" Michonne said.

Clementine looks at Gabe and then back at Carl.

She really wanted to go with Gabe but, she also didn't wanna leave Glenn behind... She hasn't even told him about Lee yet.

Clementine battled with her own thoughts until she finally made a decision.

She looks at Carl and walks over to him. Carl smirks and looks at Gabe.
"Carl... Tell Glenn that I said goodbye." Clementine said- lightening Gabe's mood as he come to a realization that Clementine chose to be with him.

"B-But-"
"Its okay, Carl. Maybe we'll meet each other again." Clementine said as she hugs Carl. Carl immediately hugged back.

"Thank you." Clementine whispered and pulled away.

She then looks at Michonne and smiled.

"Tell Rick I said thanks." Clementine said with a small smile and Michonne nodded.

Clementine backed away from the two and walked over to Gabe.
"I thought you were leaving me." Gabe whispered.
"Think again." Clementine smirked and the two started walking the other way.

________
Clementine and Gabe started walking back to the new Richmond as silence filled the air, and awkwardness took over their mind. Clementine decided to break the silence by starting a conversation.

"So, you guys actually made it." Clementine started.
"Oh, uhh- yeah." Gabe said.
"How was it?" Clementine asked.
"I was... Half happy and half worried when I got there." Gabe said and Clementine gave him a confused look.
"Happy because- well, my dad was there... Worried because you weren't with me when I set foot to he place." Gabe said as they kept walking.

Clementine giggled and shook her head.
"You think of me?" Clementine said.
"I couldn't stop for 5 days." Gabe said and they both laughed.

"And... Clem, I need to tell you something." Gabe said.
"Spill." Clementine said without even looking at him.
"My dad's the leader of the new frontier." Gabe said and Clementine stopped on her tracks.

She was silent for a couple of seconds and then she spoke again.
"What's your dad's name?" She asked.
"David... David García." Gabe asked as Clementine looked around.
"Well... I'm not going back there." Clementine said.
"why? What did he do to you?" Gabe asked.
"I'll tell you what he did, He took someone important to me. He's an asshole." Clementine said.
"Who?"
"Does it matter?"
"Yes. Now tell me, I may help you." Gabe said as he lay a hand on her shoulder. Clementine sighed beofre anwering
"Aj."

"Toddler? Wears blue jammies?" Gabe asked and Clementine's eyes widened.
"Yes! Yes! Do you know where he is?" Clementine asked with excitement.
"Yeah. The last time I saw him, he was at a house back at Richmond... But right now, I'm not so sure." Gabe replied.
"You have to help me get him." Clementine said.
"I will." Gabe said with a smile.