•Chapter 4: Second attempt•

After that incident with Gabe, Clementine decided to check on Kate and see how she's doing. But on her way there, she couldn't help but think about beating the crap out of Gabriel Gracía.

She clenched her fist and shook it all off as she came closer to Javi and Kate.
"Hey Javi." Clementine greeted.
"Hey Clem." Javi greeted back.
"So, how's Kate doing?" Clementine asked with her arms crossed.
"Not good. She's bleeding inside... and I don't think Eleanor has the proper amount of tools to help her." Javi said.
"You need medical supplies? I'm on it." Clementine volunteered.
"Actually Clem, I'm going to look for tools. I was gonna ask you to look out for Kate and Gabe." Javi explained.
"Oh, I can take care of Kate. But Gabe? He can go fuck himself." Clementine said with her arms crossed.
"Why? What's the matter? Did you guys argue or something?" He asked.
"Your nephew's an asshole." Clementine spat. Javi just sighed and glanced over to Kate.
"I'll talk to him about it." Javi said.
"What's the point?" Clementine said as she walked beside Kate and check up on her.

Javi didn't say anything anymore. He just trailed off and started to walk out the gates with Conrad.

As Javi walked out, He saw Gabe leaning against the wall while tuning a guitar.
"Hey, I'll catch up on you." Javi informed Conrad as he responded with a nod.

He walked over to Gabe and examined him.
"Where'd you find that guitar?" Javi asked.
"Just... Around." Gabe said without even looking at his uncle.
"And what are you planning to do with it?" Javi asked.
"Gee, I don't know. What do people do with guitars, Javi?" Gabe asked sarcastically.

Javi just sighed and shook his head.
"Fine, I'll be off now. Keep an eye on Kate for me." Javi informed. Gabe responded with a nod as he watched his uncle walk away with Conrad.

Gabe didn't mind what his uncle just said to him. He just kept on tuning his guitar until it pleases his ear.

Clementine's POV:
I grabbed a wet towel and put it on Kate's forehead as she relaxes down.
"Thank you Clementine... for this." Kate says weakly.
"No problem." I said as I kept my hands on the towel.
"Clem?" Kate says. I responded with a 'Hm' as I look at her in the eyes.
"Can you go check out Gabe for me? He's had a bad day." Kate said.
"I'm sure he's fine. I checked up on him even before Javi left. What's the worst thing that could happen?" I said.
"Please Clem." Kate pleaded. I groaned in frustration and stood up.
"Thank you." Kate said weakly. I shook my head and sighed as I walked over to the gate.

Babysitting duty on.

I stuck my head out of the gate as I saw Gabe tuning his guitar. I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I backed off.

"Clem!" I heard him call. I sighed frustratingly and stuck my head out again.
"What?" I asked.
"Can you come out? Please." Gabe said.
"No." I said and backed off again. I turned around and started to close the gate but then he held the door open making me look at him straight at his eyes.

"Just one minute. Please." He said seriously yet sounding so desperate. I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"One minute." I said as I came out again and walked with him. He sat down on a boulder and picked up the guitar and he started playing.

[Waiting for your call, I'm sick, call I'm angry
Call I'm desperate for your voice
Listening to the song we used to sing
In the car, do you remember
Butterfly, Early Summer
It's playing on repeat, Just like when we would meet
Like when we would meet

I was born to tell you I love you
And I am torn to do what I have to, to make you mine
Stay with me tonight]

(Yea. I made that vid 😂😂)